Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: New Monster (Slime?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I abandoned a monster I made long ago just to play around with animations and possible use it in a custom story but I just gave up cz lazy ass Tongue
Anyways I know I haven't given much to this community so I decided to make it public to those who would like to use it in their CS/Mod. I just need to adjust a few things in his settings and make custom sounds for him.
I think this model can maybe scare the shit out of someone if used properly, when I made this I wanted him to work in the following way:
Spoiler below!
In the first encounter the player would only be attacked if he gets close to it, I made a static of the Idle pose so it looks like the red meat from the "Shadow".
Idle
Notice Pose: The monster emerges his head groaning to the player (great to work as a scare I suppose?).
notice1
notice2
notice3
Attack Pose: He tries to devour the player with his wide mouth.
Atk1
Atk2
Atk3
Walking Pose
walk1
walk2

I honestly dont know where did I get the idea for this monster he looks like jabba XD[Image: 2564925.JabbaTheHutt.jpg]

I know it looks pretty weird but if used in a good atmosphere I think it'll work out.
Should I release soon as possible or just don't bother? Let me know guys Smile

Sorry for my english.
Nice! This looks great, I'd definitely keep the hell away from it Smile
this is quite the interesting idea for a mob; though id give some feedback on the model itself. the texture of the model looks really stretched in most of the animations; might wanna check that out before releasing the model. the stretching might also be caused by your weightpainting; so i might be wrong on the entire thing. all the same, it should be taken into concideration if youre planning on releasing this to the community. but overall, however, its a nice idea!
(09-24-2012, 09:27 AM)Mine Turtle Wrote: [ -> ]this is quite the interesting idea for a mob; though id give some feedback on the model itself. the texture of the model looks really stretched in most of the animations; might wanna check that out before releasing the model. the stretching might also be caused by your weightpainting; so i might be wrong on the entire thing. all the same, it should be taken into concideration if youre planning on releasing this to the community. but overall, however, its a nice idea!

When I made this model I was still learning and I gave up entirely on the CS I was working on Tongue
But yeah I'll try to improve a few things Smile thanks for the comments
Looks surprisingly scary for a slime. Big Grin If you're still interested in working a bit on it, I think you could try and see if it would look good if you changed the texture to look more similar to the shadow. Something red and veiny, like a freaky organ...dunno it could also backfire and make it look like an angry steak.
It also depends a bit on the setting it's used in I guess.

Would like to see it in motion Smile
You know, I'm impressed by your concept of adding a slime to Amnesia; however, it doesn't feel like it would be part of the world. You have to remember that everything must coincide.

Sorry, but here is a little critique:
  • Something about it's walk looks extremely awkward and impossible (it should crawl if anything, I'd assume).
  • I think it should be re-textured (there is a ton of texture stretching, so some extra faces/ edgeloops are in order).
  • You should probably do alpha maps instead of hard modeling for the trails of the character.
  • Make the character more smooth (it's blocky head is odd for a slime... a slime is... well.. slimy! XD It's a ball of slime, not a blocky of slime ;] )
  • The weight-painting looks bad, from what I can tell. It looks like it's moving too much of one area (if it's joints are moving out too far, that might be the reason why).
  • Last, but not least, you have some very interesting mouth slime-stretching. Make sure to blend in the areas that are... well... visible. It looks like the slime-strands are on top of the mouth, not in it. ;]
I'd suggest fixing it, but you've done a lot of work thus far. Is it fully animated at the time being? O:
The model is impressive. But the "stretching" parts are quite noticeable. That kind of turns me down. If that would be fixed, things would be better.
I'll post a video of it's animations soon Smile And this monster was called Blob_monster so it rly isnt supposed to be a slime Tongue but kind of looks like one xD about the stretching u'll see during the animation what I was trying to achieve though I think I could do a better work on the texturing(I'll take into consideration what Hirnwirbel said).
Has anyone ever seen the classic The Blob movie? That movie is quite disturbing. O_o... I actually like this model. The stretching mouth is a very nice touch. With some Edges and weight paint adjustments, this could be a really nice monster.
Y'know... if you scale it up a bit and stick a few eyes to it you could almost call it a shoggoth and give it to TheRockWorm as a christmas present ^^
Pages: 1 2