Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: NYPLarcade Horror Games
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For anyone in the New York City area, I'm kicking off a Horror Games series starting on Monday, October 1 at the Mid-Manhattan Library (455 5th Ave).

Our first game is Amnesia: The Dark Descent and it's similar to a book club: we play (and/or watch) the game for an hour and then have a short discussion afterwards.

Below is a plain text version of the schedule; a downloadable flier and full details are available here: http://bit.ly/nyplarcade-horror2012.

Please feel free to pass this on to anyone who might be interested and contact me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Thomas

----

NYPLarcade Horror Games

Monday, 10/1 - Amnesia: The Dark Descent

Tuesday, 10/9 - LIMBO

Monday, 10/15 - Slender: The Eight Pages, Hide, SCP-087

Monday, 10/22 - Lone Survivor

Monday, 10/29 - Deadly Premonition

Monday, 11/5 - Dear Esther

Play: 7-8 p.m. | Discuss: 8-8:30 p.m.
Held in room 101 of Mid-Manhattan Library (455 5th Ave)
All events are FREE and doors open at 6:30 p.m.
Da hell? You should fix this. I can't read much from that massive wall o' text.

All fixed now.
(09-28-2012, 08:43 PM)Nemet Robert Wrote: [ -> ]Da hell? You should fix this. I can't read much from that massive wall o' text.
Fixed!
Alright, better now. I thought you were a spambot. Not the case. Thankfully. Had a big influx of those lately.
Err... Why is Dear Esther on there? Not really a horror game Tongue
(09-28-2012, 11:38 PM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]Err... Why is Dear Esther on there? Not really a horror game Tongue
If the man here wants to play that, why not let him? It's his choice.
Did I say he shouldn't play it? No, I just said it seemed kind of out of place considering it's a horror game event (I would actually say the same thing with Limbo to a certain extent, but that game does actually have some disturbing moments in it).
Well, I don't know much about Dear Esther. KingWolf said that it is a horror game, but I know that it isn't.

And you sounded like you were telling him not to do it. But I read in the wrong tone.
Dear Esther is certainly not a horror game. It's more of an "interactive book"
(09-28-2012, 08:40 PM)thomasknowlton Wrote: [ -> ]Monday, 11/5 - Dear Esther
Dear Esther is a horror game? I think not...
Pages: 1 2