Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Scripting questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. How do I force walk someone?
2. How do I make it rain?
3. How do I create dripping water such as from broken pipes, etc?

Answers are appreciated Smile
1. You'll need to use this function for that.
Make sure you use a timer that calls loops itself every 0.05 seconds, at least.

MovePlayerForward(float afAmount)

2 and 3.

You can use particle effects, but question 2 is more complicated than I thought.

You can find more information here:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

It is being edited out (I guess, at the time of this post), so extra details about the script functions is not there.
2: In "The attic: chapter three" there was rain. Maybe you could check it.

3: There is an entity (or static_object?) from the sewer that makes that. You could adjust it so it looks ok. But, yes, there is a particle that makes that effect. Try looking at original amnesia maps and find out.

For 1, is the first time I see these. I think Followed by Death had it, but I don't remain.
I'm pretty sure the particle effect for water dripping is "water_drip.ps", but i'm not 100% sure
There are several particle systems for water drips; ps_water_drop, ps_water_drop_blue, ps_water_drop_single and a few others
(10-03-2012, 04:22 PM)Nemet Robert (Robby) Wrote: [ -> ]1. You'll need to use this function for that.
Make sure you use a timer that calls loops itself every 0.05 seconds, at least.

MovePlayerForward(float afAmount)

2 and 3.

You can use particle effects, but question 2 is more complicated than I thought.

You can find more information here:
http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn..._functions

It is being edited out (I guess, at the time of this post), so extra details about the script functions is not there.
Yea I saw on the script page that you had to put it on loop so I kinda asked the wrong question, what I really need to know is how to put it in loop, sorry about that.

(10-03-2012, 05:05 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]2: In "The attic: chapter three" there was rain. Maybe you could check it.

3: There is an entity (or static_object?) from the sewer that makes that. You could adjust it so it looks ok. But, yes, there is a particle that makes that effect. Try looking at original amnesia maps and find out.

For 1, is the first time I see these. I think Followed by Death had it, but I don't remain.
Was looking at Tanshaydar's White Night, couldn't find how he made it.

(10-03-2012, 08:09 PM)GoranGaming Wrote: [ -> ]There are several particle systems for water drips; ps_water_drop, ps_water_drop_blue, ps_water_drop_single and a few others
Thanks, will be sure to check those out!
The rain particle (ps_water_rain iirc) is a 30x30 box, place it wisely or it will rain indoors.
(10-04-2012, 08:22 AM)Vic7im Wrote: [ -> ]The rain particle (ps_water_rain iirc) is a 30x30 box, place it wisely or it will rain indoors.
Isn't it shrinkable?
(10-04-2012, 12:16 PM)LulleBulle Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2012, 08:22 AM)Vic7im Wrote: [ -> ]The rain particle (ps_water_rain iirc) is a 30x30 box, place it wisely or it will rain indoors.
Isn't it shrinkable?
Nope