Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: YouTube I can watch embedded videos but not direct
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello this morning I am half-awake and at school. Now that I've provided that useless information let me begin: today I tried going on YouTube to see a trailer but of course it got blocked

[Image: 9bkGs.png]
After that I went onto a Wiki and it had a YouTube video which is viewable. I am wondering why I can't see YouTube videos on the site but I can see them while embedded.
Youtube (the actual website, not the videos) is probably blocked at your school.
sounds to me like the school server censorship block, wich are often pretty crazily programmed, i remember the one at my old high school. now, bear in mind, this is the united kingdom where semi and fully automatic firearm ownership is 100% illegal for non police and military personell, the server block wouldnt allow you onto BMW (makes cars), but would allow you onto H&K (who make semi and fully automatic firearms)... failure of logic anyone?
Hell, we have that same "Website Blocked" screen on my school computers. Just for us Youtube isn't blocked.