Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Guns Crate model
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,
I know it's a bit of a basic model but I'm new to it and feel free to use it.
Regards,
Ferry Adams
[Image: gunscrate.png]
You should correct the UV mapping, in the right side the wood appears weird. Good model, anyway Big Grin
And this should go to development resources.This is for CS's.
Ok I'll do my best

Oh I don't have the uv's anymore, Only the full texture, sorry.
how the **** is it possible to loose your uv's?!?, but still have your model working >.<
or is it not just that you dont know where/how to find them?

-no offence
Just go to window > uv editor in maya. There you can either tweak the uvs to better fit your texture or go to polygons>uv snapshot to make a template of the uvs that you can use for example in photoshop to help line up your texture better. Depends on whether you'd rather change your uvs or your texture ^^
(10-15-2012, 06:47 PM)martinnord Wrote: [ -> ]how the **** is it possible to loose your uv's?!?, but still have your model working >.<
or is it not just that you dont know where/how to find them?

-no offence
No I've putted the texture in the uv's file and I saved it, then just removed the uv's file cause I didn't think to need it anymore.
But I can't see the Uv's on the GunsCrateTexture.tga I've got in the .rar file.
Wait I've just discovered a little problem
My model is invisible in the level editor.
Maybe collada didn't detect the material while exporting the dae from maya I dunno.
Let's see: Where did you put the .mat file? Did you use the model of the P.M I sended you?
Does it work in-game?
Fixed it I was right.
Colladamaya did not correctly detect the material.
It's now available in the level editor. Smile
It looks as thought the words are part of the normal map. I suggest opening the .psd of the texture (or whatever file holds your image layers, whether it be photoshop or gimp) and hiding the letters. Then make a normal map out of the wood.
Pages: 1 2