Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Statyk's Skyboxes!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I haven't contributed much to this forum, other than a few outdated models. Unfit for custom stories... So I thought, "what is lacking in the community?" and that is, skyboxes. Or at least custom made ones. Most are imported or taken from others. So here are some skyboxes, free of charge, made by yours truly. Simply click the preview image and it will lead you to their download.

Tools used:
- Terragen 2
- Photoshop CS5

Sunny
Spoiler below!

[Image: sunset_01_by_statyk94-d5i5e0m.png]

[Image: clear_midday_skybox_by_statyk94-d5nctb0.png?1]

Love,
Statyk

Thanks a lot !
Precious Big Grin
Ohh ohh, misty and gray?
(10-17-2012, 05:39 PM)Streetboat Wrote: [ -> ]Ohh ohh, misty and gray?
Is that a suggestion? I mean, if it's misty, you might just be better off making the skybox simply grey and make the fog match it. Unless you can be more specific as to daytime, nighttime, etc.
Do you have one with a sun set with out land but with only ocean? And a star'y night one as well with only ocean as well? If so that would be epic!
So a sunset with ocean on the bottom rather than ground and a night sky? Partly cloudy night or clear night? Moon, or no moon?
Well if you can, a sunset skybox that does not include any ground based textures, just gray color on the bottom half of the skybox. Just showing the sky part only. This would also include with the night sky.

With the night sky one, it would be cloudless with shining stars and with a moon (A small moon). Sharp detail on stars and moon.

The reason why with no ground texture is because the developer can provide an ocean or land with the planes textures of his choosing.

Also if its not too much, can you make a dawn one as well? Patchily cloudy. The same details and structure as mentioned above.

Also one more request. I know XD. A scattered cloudy day time as well. Same structure as above as well. with the only inclusion of the sky itself and the bottom half would be gray.

I think these ideas of sky-boxes could relay help the community of outdoor envirments.
Sorry for allot of requests of sky-boxes.
I agree with jssjr90, I would like some sky boxes with no ground. They get in the way with water reflections. Would it be easy to just flip the image to cover it up without much effort?
(10-17-2012, 11:11 PM)Rapture Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with jssjr90, I would like some sky boxes with no ground. They get in the way with water reflections. Would it be easy to just flip the image to cover it up without much effort?
I was going to do that originally, So perhaps I'll stick to that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5