Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Outlast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
(08-16-2013, 10:29 AM)Plectrum61 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2013, 08:11 AM)droog Wrote: [ -> ]Will there be a demo? Anything known?

Well, there is a demo of Outlast but that was only for the E3. With it's release being so close, I don't expect that they will release another demo for us to try out.

Hmm.. too bad. Without testing this game in advance I don't know if I will buy it. I think I will wait for a few reviews before I make a decision.
(08-15-2013, 02:05 PM)DavidS Wrote: [ -> ]I like the production values of this...nice crisp texture and awesome lighting system....but it feels a bit like your run-off-the-mill horror flick...
so yeah, will probably sell like crazy to the slender kids.

Word, it might be great looking but at the end of the day, it's a great looking abandoned insane asylum, which is rapidly becoming the most predictable and least inspired setting for horror.

Sad to see that the new survival horror game from the Resident Evil guy Shinji Mikami will also feature a mission-gone-wrong in an Asylum.
Is anyone here going to play it tomorrow?

FG posted: "While waiting for A Machine For Pigs, clench
your thirst for horror with Outlast. We have played it and it's really
intense and creepy!"

Maybe it's better than expected.
I'm gonna purchase it in the next few days, as soon as I get my pay.
I just preorder it. I have no expectations, because the setting isn't really appealing, but maybe I'am wrong and I experience a great horror trip. Big Grin
(08-16-2013, 10:24 AM)TwiK999 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-27-2013, 03:06 AM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]NO GAME CAN BEAT AMNESIA

Quite true. I hate it when people say that Dead Space was scarier than Amnesia. Really? I bet the people who say that have only played the first few levels of the game, before it really gets scary.

Not my intention to start a flame war but I would never play Dead Space 2 again because of how horrifying it was.

The Penumbra series and A:TDD were terrifying games, no doubt. I can easily type you a FORTRESS of text of all the things that I found scary, all my favorite scares and scenes, how I felt, how I reacted, etc etc etc BUT DS2 is in that ''will never play again'' list. Amnesia I can see myself playing it again someday.

First Dead Space was what I call "fun scary". I got the platinum trophy in it because it was really easily replayable. Dead Space 3 had its moments that were truly scary but in the end it's just a really good fun game. Dead Space 2? Never again.

Not saying one or the other is objectively scary than the other (fear is subjective after all) but yeah.

AS FOR OUTLAST:

It looks pretty nice, on a technical level. Would have bought it but my current pc isn't beefy enough. Will definitely do so when I build my next rig.
(09-04-2013, 01:16 AM)Nuits Grace Wrote: [ -> ]First Dead Space was what I call "fun scary". I got the platinum trophy in it because it was really easily replayable. Dead Space 3 had its moments that were truly scary but in the end it's just a really good fun game. Dead Space 2? Never again.

That's really interesting (assuming it's 'Never again' because it's too horrifying)

Do you reckon you could say what it was in particular that made it so much scarier than Dead Space 1 for example, or even more than Amnesia?
From all that I've seen of Outlast I'm still not impressed - it looks like your average 'Hollywood Horror': all jump scares and overly loud music to accentuate every scare.

Maybe it'll play better than it looks, but I don't think I'll bother rushing to play it.
I'm just gonna watch Cry play it.
I don't want to watch Cry's Outlast just yet, but from anyone who has played it. What say you about thy game?

From what I could collect a few months ago from a IGN report video (Could of been something of a tech demo. It was almost entirely all cinematic.), it seemed to be a entirely on rails scripted event after another with button smashing moments to escape from cliche horror moments.
So I'm really confused to whether I should buy it right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23