Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia adding screams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know where the screaming is located in the amnesia files. Trying to make a jumpscare but can't seem to find anything other than a couple of ambient noises, which don't really make you jump out your seat in terror. Big Grin
Look in the sounds folder. Their are some sub folders... insanity : scary :react (important for player sounds) etc...
What kind of screams? The "far" screams or the iron maiden?
(10-20-2012, 09:59 PM)MrDosht Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know where the screaming is located in the amnesia files. Trying to make a jumpscare but can't seem to find anything other than a couple of ambient noises, which don't really make you jump out your seat in terror. Big Grin
. . . Jumpscare with a scream?
You must be SOOO terrifying.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSHTVZfDMxujJuiqbai-Ic...qDu5wSZy7A]
(10-20-2012, 10:35 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2012, 09:59 PM)MrDosht Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know where the screaming is located in the amnesia files. Trying to make a jumpscare but can't seem to find anything other than a couple of ambient noises, which don't really make you jump out your seat in terror. Big Grin
. . . Jumpscare with a scream?
Yep, it'll either be a jumpscare or a mildly annoying hanging guy that gets in the way XD
Stop with the shitty jumpscares and make some good atmosphere.
Ok, im just trying to find out how to do different stuff, im not going to have a jumpscare littered map, i admit those are pretty shitty. But I'm not a god of creepy atmospheres either, so I try to make at least a slightly scary game, it's kind of boring if your just walking around and a monster pops out and is just like, hi NOW RUN AWAY FROM ME!. It would be kind of scarier with some sound effects.
(10-20-2012, 10:52 PM)MrDosht Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2012, 10:35 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]. . . Jumpscare with a scream?
Yep, it'll either be a jumpscare or a mildly annoying hanging guy that gets in the way XD
Oh okay! Thanks for helping me out there!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCziw2TvKjqahcR4lvNJA...xRx88eCCx-]
(10-20-2012, 11:02 PM)MrDosht Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, im just trying to find out how to do different stuff, im not going to have a jumpscare littered map, i admit those are pretty shitty. But I'm not a god of creepy atmospheres either, so I try to make at least a slightly scary game, it's kind of boring if your just walking around and a monster pops out and is just like, hi NOW RUN AWAY FROM ME!. It would be kind of scarier with some sound effects.
Oh and i found some grunt noise sound files but i don't really know what file to save them as.
Christ almight guys, no need to go for the jugular.

Most of the sounds of people screaming is in sounds/scare/

scare_male_terrified is the most obvious one.
Pages: 1 2