Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Water not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! I'm making a water level but when I test it the water doesn't react with the player, objects, doors, etc. When I say react I mean water effects like splashes, sounds or dynamic water lightning on the walls. I need help! Thanks in advance! :/
You need a liquid area covering both the floor underneath the water and up to where the water plane is Smile Give it a little distance like 0.5 if you want waterlurkers to be there... They get glitchy if the water is too low.
(10-24-2012, 07:44 PM)beecake Wrote: [ -> ]You need a liquid area covering both the floor underneath the water and up to where the water plane is Smile Give it a little distance like 0.5 if you want waterlurkers to be there... They get glitchy if the water is too low.
It worked for the floating boxes. But what abut the still water sound and the water reflection on the walls?
Water ambient sounds will you find different places. Check how FG did it Smile They also used the reflections by places spotlights underneath the floorplane. Check their levels
(10-24-2012, 08:22 PM)beecake Wrote: [ -> ]Water ambient sounds will you find different places. Check how FG did it Smile They also used the reflections by places spotlights underneath the floorplane. Check their levels
Ok, thanks for your reply! BTW, I know there is a sound for when the castle shakes. Do you know the name of the file? Thanks again!
The reflection on the walls is created by using a spotlight and then using a specific GOBO with it there is a list of GOBO's you can use and there are alot of water reflections among them
(10-24-2012, 08:46 PM)Magasztos Wrote: [ -> ]The reflection on the walls is created by using a spotlight and then using a specific GOBO with it there is a list of GOBO's you can use and there are alot of water reflections among them

Yes! I got it! Thanks guys! Big Grin