Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I could play amnesia but now i cant
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I used to play amnesia with Mobile Intel® 4 series express Chipset family graphics card on my laptop, but when i updated the graphics card online i couldn't play it anymore.
And i didn't have any lag when i was first playing. What should i do?!

[Image: cJdhE.png]
That's very interesting if you did because this card is not supported due to bad intel drivers. What drivers did you have before or where did you found them?
(10-31-2012, 04:33 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]That's very interesting if you did because this card is not supported due to bad intel drivers. What drivers did you have before or where did you found them?
I had some other driver but i don't remember it's name after i updated mine online.
But is there anyway to force the computer to play it? Undecided
with the current drivers no. I am really surprised that older drivers worked. You said you have a laptop so I guess you had the default manufacturer drivers installed. What laptop is that exactly?
(10-31-2012, 04:43 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]with the current drivers no. I am really surprised that older drivers worked. You said you have a laptop so I guess you had the default manufacturer drivers installed. What laptop is that exactly?

Here are some info:
Lenovo

Windows 7 ultimate
4 GB RAM
64 Bit
Genuine Intel® CPU U7300 @ 1.30GHz 1.30GHz
ACPI x64-based PC
I envy you so much. SO MUCH. That card is supposed to be 100% incapable of playing Amnesia. If you remember your old driver that it worked on, PLEASE let me know Tongue
(10-31-2012, 05:24 PM)TheBlastPassage Wrote: [ -> ]I envy you so much. SO MUCH. That card is supposed to be 100% incapable of playing Amnesia. If you remember your old driver that it worked on, PLEASE let me know Tongue
I wish i could remember Dodgy , but i think changing my graphics card is the only solution..
Well that really sucks, I have built two computers and used 3 other computers I have lying around to try to play the game. None of them worked :|
What Lenovo model exactly? It is usually found under the laptop or at the screen or within windows (start>run>dxdiag)
Great news guys!
I managed to play on Mobile IntelĀ® 4 series express Chipset family graphics card.
I went to the Lenovo graphics driver website and updated it again , then the graphics score jumped from 3.1 to 4.1!

And amnesia could work now and even other games that lagged they don't lag anymore.
So all of the Mobile IntelĀ® 4 series express Chipset family graphics card owners go update you'r driver graphics driver online.
Pages: 1 2 3 4