Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Gamma Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just bought the game on the mac app store as it was on discount for halloween and im having problems with the gamma settings, not sure why its doing this. I bring up the gamma but then it reverts to its original setting. I have the mid 2012 macbook pro and dont think its any graphic issues as the laptop is pretty much brand new. I know this game is meant to be played with its gamma low, but would like to put it up for some custom maps.
try changing it in main_settings.cfg . It's located in the saves folder
Thanks for the reply, but im having trouble locating the saves folder. Is it somewhere under 'show package contents' in the applications folder?
(11-01-2012, 11:58 PM)bluNEON Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the reply, but im having trouble locating the saves folder. Is it somewhere under 'show package contents' in the applications folder?
have you tried "<User>/Library/Application Support/<Game Name>" ???
Sorry I'm not a mac user so I can't say for sure...
Yeh found it, mountain lion has this path hidden but managed to find it and edit the file but it corrupted the game so im going to have to re install and just leave the gamma as it is. Another thing though is im unable to play a custom map, l put it in the custom_stories folder but doesnt show up in the game itself?
(11-02-2012, 12:44 AM)bluNEON Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh found it, mountain lion has this path hidden but managed to find it and edit the file but it corrupted the game so im going to have to re install and just leave the gamma as it is. Another thing though is im unable to play a custom map, l put it in the custom_stories folder but doesnt show up in the game itself?
corrupted ??? never heard something like this...
Anyway it doesn't show them because you don't install them correctly..The usually inside a zip folder so you extract the folder from there to custom_stories folder unless it's a "Full_conversion"!
If it's a "Full_conversion" you have to unzip everything inside the redist dolder and run the bat(cmd) file.
Tell me what custom story have you tried to install.
Think l may have edited the wrong file, thats probs why l had to reinstall. Anyways ive download and got one story to work, but im having trouble making one that ive made myself. It works fine on my windows pc but doesnt work on mac. Also do you know where the save file location for mac is? Cant find it anywhere.
(11-02-2012, 07:27 AM)bluNEON Wrote: [ -> ]Think l may have edited the wrong file, thats probs why l had to reinstall. Anyways ive download and got one story to work, but im having trouble making one that ive made myself. It works fine on my windows pc but doesnt work on mac. Also do you know where the save file location for mac is? Cant find it anywhere.
For your own custom story make an thread in development support and post your scipt.
The save file is here:~/Library/Application Support/Frictional Games/Amnesia/
Find your profile and copy it!There should be all saves, even for custom stories
you could set it in settings under display.
Haven't used OSX since 10.4 but I would say it is either under display or under the light bulb(forgot what is was called)
the light bulb settings is only for the monitor which will make the game play in high contrast which l dont want. Thanks for the help anyways.