Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Will Amnesia work with Windows 8?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know if Amnesia will work with Windows 8?
As long as the drivers are ok it should work just fine. Try the free demo
Why wouldn't it Tongue
Actually if you shut off the metro interface windows 8 = windows 7 with beter performance
Keep in mind that Windows 8 Consumer Preview or Release Preview is known to not include OpenGL drivers. But the finished Windows 8 should be fine. I'd recommend trying the demo first to see if it works
Well, you see I already have Amnesia. I am having to get a new computer because mine isn't really meant for gaming. Most computers being built now already have Windows 8 installed. So, I just wanted to know if it would work because I would hate to buy a PC with Windows 8 installed and wouldn't be able to play Amnesia or any of my other games on it.
If you buy a computer with Windows 8 already installed, it's gonna be the real one. Not any of the previews. But you also need a good enough graphics card. Integrated cards won't work
(11-09-2012, 07:48 PM)dabro Wrote: [ -> ]Most computers being built now already have Windows 8 installed.
Why? Windows 8 is marketed as a mobile phone OS. Any respectable computer salesman would know that it's Windows 7 with a dumbed down interface, and a few travellers apps thrown in. If you're talking preinstalled computer packages, they may be cheap as a first buy, but when you want to upgrade your graphics card to something better a few years from now, you'll discover that Dell computers can only take Dell ones, and that their power supply has the first actual case of a reversed polarity that you've seen, because Dell wants you to buy a new package every time, and that's expensive.
I think you're right. But modern computers either have a touch screen, or just run Windows 8 as a factory default just to look newer. Because people who don't know much about a computer will just assume it's good because it's running Windows 8 which is currently the newest commercially available Windows OS. So it's just for marketing.
(11-09-2012, 08:10 PM)TheBlastPassage Wrote: [ -> ]If you buy a computer with Windows 8 already installed, it's gonna be the real one. Not any of the previews. But you also need a good enough graphics card. Integrated cards won't work
Yea, I know that Integrated cards won't work. I already found the PC I want and It would make a lot of the games I play work but, it just has Windows 8 which is why I am asking this question.
Let's not go off-topic. The answer is yes as long as the drivers are updated. Try the demo.
Pages: 1 2