Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Maya 2012 .dae export or Maya 2011, 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know Collada isn't supported by Maya 2012. But at the same time Maya 2012 supports .dae export. Here is a screenshot: http://imgur.com/HH1uo What is more promising HPL2 Model Viewer does see those .dae files made with Maya 2012 export. But sadly by clicking load - Model Viewer crashes. Maybe it could be fixed someway? I know it could be fixed if there were an open code of Model Viewer, Level Editor, etc... but maybe... no? No way?
Collada is the same than .dae, Alex. If it doesn't support collada, it doesn't support .dae. I don't know much about maya, but check the polygon count, maybe that's the issue.
But... have you tried placing it in the Level editor? Because the viewer is just a viewer, right?
And it's .dae_fbx, not .dae.

Sorry for this little thing Sad
Sorry man, but I already checked all and everything. And .dae is .dae no matter what software are you using to make .dae files. It only depends on version of exporter and Maya 2012 tells it's 2012.1.1 version - and that's the problem. HPL2 just doesn't support it... yet... but maybe there's a coder who is able to expand HPL2 import abilities. I know the chance is VERY low, but I have to check...
If Amnesia was released in 2008, a collada exporter of 2012 shouldn't really work. Try to install an older version, I've heard 2011 works well.
I know I can downgrade to Maya 2011. And I know Maya 2011 works fine with Collada. I know I can work at Maya 2012 than export models to .obj and than through Collada to .dae. But I'm asking particularly, specifically about Maya 2012 and it's built-in .dae export. Maybe someone knows something, some kind of "easy" decision... maybe... chance is little... but...

Aha! Modelview.log says...

Loading material data for 'Tree'
Create default material!
Creating material file: 'C:/Program Files/Frictional Games/Amnesia/custom_stories/static_objects/'
No file for 'Diffuse' texture type found
No file for 'NMap' texture type found
No file for 'Specular' texture type found
No file for 'Alpha' texture type found
No file for 'Height' texture type found
No file for 'Illumination' texture type found
No file for 'CubeMap' texture type found
No file for 'DissolveAlpha' texture type found
No file for 'CubeMapAlpha' texture type found
No file for '' texture type found

Let's what we can do about it...

Experimenting with Maya 2012 .dae export plugin. I'd be expanding info on how everything's going on. For now on at least I've managed to force ModelEditor "eat" my Maya 2012 .dae. Let's see how far will I be able to move on with my experiments... funny that I'm curious by myself ))))))
If it says No file for diffuse, it means that the material (if you have it) doesn't have a diffuse texture, OR that you didn't apply in the modelling program the diffuse texture.
It means that model doesn't have .mat file, no more, no less.
(11-11-2012, 08:25 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]It means that model doesn't have .mat file, no more, no less.
Then, make a .mat file, the model won't show up if it doesn't have it.
You're quite a funny guy, Chaser Smile
(11-11-2012, 09:21 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-11-2012, 08:25 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]It means that model doesn't have .mat file, no more, no less.
Then, make a .mat file, the model won't show up if it doesn't have it.
Well, you kinda need a texture to create a .mat file in the first place. Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3