Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: New monster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can i find a nice , full detailed tutorial on how to create a new monster and add to amnesia level editor and use it in you'r customs story.

-Thanks if you help
Errr... simple version:

With a modelling program.

Good version:

With Maya 2010, you will have to learn modelling, UV/Texturing, rigging and animating a model.
It's known that it's very glitchy when it comes to Amnesia, so... get ready for headaches Sad
I don't know where I can find those tutorials, but in the Development articles sections you can find a lot of things that can fix your bugs.
(11-15-2012, 07:50 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]Errr... simple version:

With a modelling program.

Good version:

With Maya 2010, you will have to learn modelling, UV/Texturing, rigging and animating a model.
It's known that it's very glitchy when it comes to Amnesia, so... get ready for headaches Sad
I don't know where I can find those tutorials, but in the Development articles sections you can find a lot of things that can fix your bugs.
Only a modeling program?
No scripts or anything?
When you finished the monster, you create some files that are used to it. Then you edit them in Model Editor
Just found this.
That will blow you'r head off.

But i guess , it's worth it..
Protip, creating custom enemies are probably the hardest thing you can do for a Custom Story. It requires: 3D modelling, texturing, mapping, rigging, animating, and programming. And other stuff. It took my modeller several months to poop out one custom enemy and he's more or less a professional with this stuff.