Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Enemies break doors faster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yea I've been posting quite a lot recently Confused but I'm quite the noob on this but here's my problem.
How do I do so a grunt for example breaks a door in 1 or 2 hits? At the moment i think it takes them about 4 hits to break a door.
Edit the monster's .ent file or make the door break with script.
(11-16-2012, 01:22 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the monster's .ent file or make the door break with script.
As I said I'm a noob at this. I don't know how to edit it with script.
This will break the door:

SetPropHealth("your door name", 0);
Copy the enemy into your custom story. Open the .ent file in model editor. Go to settings, and variables.
There you can find door breaking damage
The easiest way of course is to check how much damage the monster does, and use SetPropHealth to change the health of the door so that it will be destroyed in two hits.
1. Open ModelEditor
2. Press file -> Open, and open up servant_grunt.ent
3. Press Settings -> User defined variables
4. Scroll down till' you find BreakDoorAttackDamage

[Image: nhoxPQLOzivEaJ1RTThsdPujw.png]

5. Change the values to a desired amount, 100 would for example make the grunt break the door in one hit.
6. Save your enemy as a new one with a different name inside your custom story entities folder. (DO NOT OVERWRITE THE ORIGINAL FILE).
7. Done!
(11-16-2012, 12:56 PM)Storfigge Wrote: [ -> ]Yea I've been posting quite a lot recently Confused but I'm quite the noob on this but here's my problem.
How do I do so a grunt for example breaks a door in 1 or 2 hits? At the moment i think it takes them about 4 hits to break a door.
Thank you really appreaciate the picture Big Grin
If I send my custom story to someone will they automatically get my new model?
If it is in [YOUR CUSTOM STORY]/entities/ -
then yes Wink It of course has to be inside your custom story folder for them to have it
Pages: 1 2