Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Need Help there
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Finally i bought Amnesia The dark descent here in our country but the Blackbox is always there Sad(

Laptop
windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
Graphics Card: Mobile intel® 945 express chipset family
Your graphics card is below requierments and not capable of running the game.
so what do i do?
You're going to need a computer with better hardware I'm afraid. That's pretty much the only way.
Integrated cards don't work
@TheBlastPassage
What do you mean??
BTW here's the new hpl.log
They stated your graphics card is incapable of running the game, which means you're probably going to have to upgrade and get a better one. Did you try playing the demo before you decided to buy the game?
(11-23-2012, 10:12 AM)kangfu21 Wrote: [ -> ]BTW here's the new hpl.log
That's not even a real card or chipset. It's just a graphics controller. That means that your computer is not capable of OpenGL rendering as far as Amnesia needs it.

To explain the problem further:

Your computer does not have a graphics card. What you are using is either a chipset, or shared graphics.

A chipset is: A chip that is physically soldered on to your computers motherboard. Those are very weak and can't run 90% of modern games.

Shared Graphics: Are when your computer uses a combonation of RAM and CPU(Processor) to handle display.

You need a real graphics card which will usually plug into your computers PCIe express or something like that.

That should give you a better understanding of your problem.
Thanks TheBlastPassage for the explanation

I need to buy a desktop computer..
Pages: 1 2 3