Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Neurotechnology: Run in terror from Brutes with your mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi. I was browsing YouTube today and I came across an interesting little video showing off some sort of mind-headset. Basically, it analyzes brain waves coming from different parts of your mind and does things in a program depending on it. I went to their site and saw that they had a card that came with the headset that makes it compatible with other games than the ones coded specifically for the headset. For example, thinking "lift" could let you cast a levitation spell in a fantasy game.

I think this looks very interesting indeed. I think this might add a lot to immersion in horror games, and just video games in general as well. You can be immersed with headphones, a mouse, and a keyboard, sure, but what about controlling Amnesia using your mind? This sounds like a good concept to me.

Oh, and controlling a game titled Amnesia by thinking sounds ironic to me.

Respective links

Official website
Showcase video on YouTube
I really hope I wouldn't be scared and think of shitting myself, and Daniel does it. Oh god...