Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Map music overwrites monster music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, can anybody help me? It's been a week or more that I can't really find the answer to this problem, I play the music of the map and when the monster is activated his music simply won't play, he tries to find me while I am hiding and the map music keeps playing like nothing happened. Also, when I could play the music of the monster the main music didn't go back, I mean, didn't resume to where it was.

Don't know if will help but:

void OnStart()
{

AddEntityCollideCallback("Player","ScriptArea_7","FirstMusic",true,1); AddEntityCollideCallback("Player","ScriptArea_4","SecondMonster",true,1); SetEntityPlayerInteractCallback("note_generic_1","FirstMusic",true);

}

void OnEnter()
{
}

void OnLeave()
{
}

void FirstMusic(string &in asEntity)
{
PlayMusic("03_amb.ogg",true,1.0,0,3.0,false);
}

void SecondMonster(string &in parent, string &in child, int state)
{
GiveSanityDamage(10,true);
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1",true);
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1","PathNodeArea_9",0,"Iddle"); AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1","PathNodeArea_10",0,"Iddle"); AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1","PathNodeArea_11",0,"Iddle"); AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1","PathNodeArea_12",0,"Iddle");
AddEntityCollideCallback("servant_grunt_1","FadeSmoke","FadeSmoke",false,1);
}

//Deactivate the second monster

void FadeSmoke(string &in parent, string &in child, int state)
{
FadeEnemyToSmoke("servant_grunt_1",false);
}

The ScriptArea_7 is only a collision of the player when he comes back to this map.
When you activate the monster, just use the line: StopMusic(1, 3);
Check if you're using the original grunt file and open the game.cfg (located in redist/config/) and look for
TerrorSound =
It should look like this:
Code:
TerrorSound = "ui_terror_meter.ogg"
Your game music priority is too high, it is higher than the monsters music, and therefore you'll just hear the game music. If I remember right, I think the monsters music priority is 1.0. You are using the priority 3.0 on the game music, and will have to use <=1.0 if you do not want it to be heard when the monster spawns.

Change the bold and underline-marked number:

PlayMusic("03_amb.ogg",true,1.0,0,3.0,false);

If you want the music to resume to where it was, you'll have to change bool abResume to true, now it is set to false.
Thanks guys. It really helped me. Thanks to everyone. Problem solved. I knew it was only a little mistake.