Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to become one of them
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
So, I was hanging out in this precious forum, and I asked myself "How do these guys with the purple names become what they are? The post count? The rep+? How are they assigned?

But, by looking at their profiles, I've seen it: The rep+ doesn't count (Apjjm has, now, less than me) the posts don't count too (Apjjm has 450, more or less)

So, are the moderators designed for the FG team itself? Is it an "election"?

I'm curious about them, so if some of them talked about what they exactly do, how, how they feel, how they became that, I would like to listen their story. As a secondary choice, you can post an image of your interface.

Cheers!
-Uncel Dolan
Purple means moderators. They don't always work for Frictional Games, but they help moderate the forum. The red names are people who actually are staff at Frictional Games.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla...k4o#t=613s

You = Sentry looking for answers.
Mods = Sam Fisher

"Ssshhhhhhhhh"

Replace "matrix" with "mod" and you will gradually begin to understand.
Pink will always be given at Frictional Games forums.....to those who ask for it.

Not really, but everybody loves Dumbledore, right?
I joined these boards in 2007 as regular young teen with no knowledge how forums or the internet worked in general. Yes, this was one of the first forums I've ever registered on.

Back then here was only one moderator going by the name 'Dark'.
After few years passed, it seemed that he just vanished without any trace. I was at that time one of the most active users (and these forums were so much smaller than they are today) and had a feeling that I wanted to help Frictional Games some way, so I volunteered to be a moderator and got accepted.

Few years went so that I was the only moderator and after the release of Amnesia, it started to be pretty busy for me since user amount increased drastically. Luckily, few other members got accepted which made my work a lot easier and now the forums are as we know them.

About the stories of other moderators, I have no clue.
Step 1: Place toothpick vertically under your big toe nail.
Step 2: Kick wall.
(12-07-2012, 10:34 PM)andyrockin123 Wrote: [ -> ]Step 1: Place toothpick vertically under your big toe nail.
Step 2: Kick wall.
Sounds like fun
Volunteered, figured I'd help out since the forum was growing alot at the time.

That's it.
Yep, I'm hoping to become a moderator eventually.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6