Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The (not BL but) Anime Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any recommendations for series to watch?

I have seen/seen parts of:
Spoiler below!

Fullmetal Alchemist - NOT Brotherhood. Loved this series; my favourite one. +++
Fairy Tail - Pretty good at the start; got bored after a while.
Clannad & Clannad After story - Really good; if you don't cry watching these two seasons you have a heart of stone. Recommended. +++
Code Geass - Pretty okay.
Rurouni Kenshin
Death Note - Can recommend seeing the first season - cool concept. +++
Bleach - First anime series I saw. Typical concept of having the main character fight "impossible enemies" and magically get stronger each time. Epic fights though and nice music. Recommended. +++
Monster
Sword Art Online
Tonari No Kaibutsu Kun
Magi
Zetsuen No Tempest: The civilization Blaster
Kokoro Connect
Toradora!
Seiken No Blacksmith
Kimi ni Todoke
Freezing
Tatakau Shisho - The book of bantorra
Elfen Lied
Full metal panic!
Suzumiya Haruhi The melancholy - Cool concept. Liked this one. Really odd (and fun) characters. Recommended.+++
Furi Kuri (FLCL) - Short. Cool. Recommended. +++
Samurai Champloo - Chill and nice series. Can recommend. +++
Ghost in the shell stand alone complex
Wolf's Rain
Sekirei
Rosario + Vampire
Mirai Nikki - Cool concept. Can recommend.
Claymore - I liked it. Opinions may vary :]
D.N Angel
Shuffle!
Ouran High school host club
Fruits basket

Put plusses by the ones I think is really great :]

(12-13-2012, 01:02 AM)Acies Wrote: [ -> ]Any recommendations for series to watch?

Bakemonogatari and One Piece.

Nuff said. (All the others i would have recommended, you've already seen.)
I don't like anime that is consciously trying to be anime, although the artform itself is not beyond my interests, in fact I quite respect it. I like Spirited Away and Dragon Ball for example.
I really like the artstyle of spirited away. The "village road" is beautiful :]
Acies. Steins Gate and Madoka... Now.

If a Anime disliker recommends an Anime to watch... It means its that good.
Dragon Ball is epic as shit.
(12-13-2012, 01:44 AM)failedALIAS Wrote: [ -> ]Dragon Ball is epic as shit.
meh... seems like a very long Ad for steroids.
I have read the dragon ball manga twice, no moar (bleach sort of follows the same concept as well: 1. Impossible enemy 2. Barely beat impossible enemy 3. Rinse and repeat) : ]

Thanks for the tips Your Computer and Danny Boy! I'll have a look at Bakemonogatiri (Read quite a bit of One piece) and Steins gate (been considering watching that a few times).

On another note; English pronounciation in anime is sometimes hilarious. My friend who watches "One Piece" started laughing when he saw the "WHIITU SNAAEK" scene the first time.
your welcome Big Grin

note: The beginning of Steins gate is kinda strange, The main character even worse. to a near awkward level. Just bear whit at the start and I swear It will turn out to be quite good.
I'm currently watching Chuunibyou Demo Koi Ga Shitai! and Hyouka.
The first is very fun to watch and the second is kinda interesting.

I don't watch much anime these days because I became very picky about which animes I watch.
My all time favorite anime and manga is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (I prefer the manga much better) after that there's Dragon Ball and Death Note Smile