Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The (not BL but) Anime Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-18-2014, 11:29 AM)OriginalUsername Wrote: [ -> ]I recently started watching anime and I love it. I watched the first season of attack on titan and I'm currently watching Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Can you guys recommend anything else?

Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion + The End of Evangelion
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Death Note
Serial Experiments Lain
Haibane Renmei
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Bakemonogatari
Five Centimeters per Second
Hey guys I've recently started watching Spooky Kitaro again on Animax, but I really want to watch it here on my computer. Anyone got some advices on where to download some anime episodes? Kickass.to has no results.Is Nezumi's farts REALLY that bad?

Heck, I might of found another good anime whilst searching for Spooky Kitaro episodes!
(02-18-2014, 01:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Cowboy Bebop
Neon Genesis Evangelion + The End of Evangelion
Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei
Death Note
Serial Experiments Lain
Haibane Renmei
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Bakemonogatari
Five Centimeters per Second

Thanks, that should keep me busy for another few weeks.
Clannad & Clannad After story -Really good; if you don't cry watching these two seasons you have a heart of stone. Recommended. +++

Suzumiya Haruhi The melancholy - Cool concept. Liked this one. Really odd (and fun) characters. +++

Samurai Champloo - Chill and nice series. Can recommend. +++

Fullmetal Alchemist / Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood - Loved this series; my favourite one. +++
Brotherhood has a better story - so go for that one. 'The original' has more humour/better music but falls short on the story (in comparison to brotherhood).

Furi Kuri (FLCL) - Short. Cool. Recommended. +++

Steins gate - Humorous. Intelligent story. Fun characters. +++

Edit: Also think the ongoing 'kill la kill' is pretty nice; if you want to follow something currently being released.
(02-18-2014, 11:29 AM)OriginalUsername Wrote: [ -> ]I recently started watching anime and I love it. I watched the first season of attack on titan and I'm currently watching Legend of the Legendary Heroes. Can you guys recommend anything else?

The Slayers
Battle Angel Alita
Ouran High School Host Club if you feel like a laugh.

Quote:Hey guys I've recently started watching Spooky Kitaro again on Animax, but I really want to watch it here on my computer. Anyone got some advices on where to download some anime episodes? Kickass.to has no results.Is Nezumi's farts REALLY that bad?

Heck, I might of found another good anime whilst searching for Spooky Kitaro episodes!

Yes.

anime.thehylia.com ?
(02-18-2014, 01:47 PM)Abraxas Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.

anime.thehylia.com ?

Oh no, there's no Spooky Kitaro episodes AND Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood animes! >Sad

Oh well, at least there's Fairy Tail and Letter Bee.
(02-18-2014, 01:38 PM)Acies Wrote: [ -> ]Fullmetal Alchemist / Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood - Loved this series; my favourite one. +++
Brotherhood has a better story - so go for that one. 'The original' has more humour/better music but falls short on the story (in comparison to brotherhood).

What's the difference between those two? Shouldn't I watch the the first one to understand the story? Or isn't it a sequel?
(02-18-2014, 02:07 PM)OriginalUsername Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-18-2014, 01:38 PM)Acies Wrote: [ -> ]Fullmetal Alchemist / Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood - Loved this series; my favourite one. +++

What's the difference between those two? Shouldn't I watch the the first one to understand the story? Or isn't it a sequel?

The first one: Fullmetal Alchemist was created before the manga was finished. This lead to the anime catching up to the manga story-wise. Instead of creating a lot of 'filler-episodes' they guessed how the story progressed - which in the end is okay in itself as an anime but isn't quite as epic as the true story depicted in Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (which is true to the manga).

Because the animes were created by different people there's different 'artistic touches' to each (beside the difference in story). In the end I would recommend seeing Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, because of the story being better developed.
So they're almost the same? Brotherhood is just more like the manga? Because I watched the first episode of both of them and they were very different..
Yes, brotherhood follows manga hand on hand.

I personally started watching anime summer 2012. My first anime was Toradora!.
It might not be the best anime ever, but it's still on my top 5 fauvorites. It's the most mermorable animes i've ever watched.