Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: The (not BL but) Anime Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I finished Sword Art Online.

And I know Rött doesn't find it particulary special, but I still got in this emotional state, when it was done.
It's the music.. the music and the story..

When you've spent enough time to actually get a 'relationship' to the series, and then, the theme plays the final time, and you just wanted it to last forever, yet it's over, and you have to find something new...

I knew it was gonna happen. I never really listened to the title theme. Usually I skipped it... Yet it happened anyway.
(10-14-2014, 04:56 PM)FlawlessHappiness Wrote: [ -> ]When you've spent enough time to actually get a 'relationship' to the series, and then, the theme plays the final time, and you just wanted it to last forever, yet it's over, and you have to find something new...

I knew it was gonna happen. I never really listened to the title theme. Usually I skipped it... Yet it happened anyway.

I felt the same way about Yugioh 5D's when it ended three years ago. I followed it from episode 1, watched it grow into a hidden gem that I would've never expected from Yugioh, and then go back to being ridiculous. Despite that I still adored the moment when these came up:

Special Ending of the final episode of the duel between the main character, and the final big bad:

Final scene of the series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eYHRt3XHk0
Go and watch Clannad - After Story, Flawless.
Your life will change.

EDIT: And of course, watch the prequel, the Clannad, before doing so.
After Story is the second and the final season of the show.
I finished FMA 2003 last week. Pretty gooood. Started Parasyte as well, looks pretty good so far.
How about the ending of Naruto? Do you guys feel it? There are only 3 chapters left...
We follow anime, which at least ends some day, and which actually consists something interesting inside.
In my point of view, Naruto is just another shounen with too long run time and ridiculously massive fan base. Nothing less, nothing more.
Shakugan no Shana tried to make something cool, but kind of crashed and, well, burned.The characters are pretty shallow, too.
Music is pretty good, though.
(10-14-2014, 07:21 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]I finished FMA 2003 last week. Pretty gooood. Started Parasyte as well, looks pretty good so far.
I really loved the Parasyte Manga...

But why in the hell did they change the look of the characters so much for the Anime...

It's like looking at the New Lara Croft's face vs her Old one, it looks better in a lot of ways but her expression is completely changed, especially her always serious/angry painted on eyebrow expression now.
In which anime universe would you like to live, if you could choose one?
For me this is an extremely hard question to answer; there's simply so many to choose from. But I'd defintely consider one of my big three: Sakurasou no pet na kanojo, Angel Beats! or Toradora. Those wouldn't bee too dangerous options, if it comes to enemies and such.
sekai ichi hatsukoi