Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Funny glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh2QRSYgz...e=youtu.be
Somehow, I got the rocks to explode without placing the bucket with the explosive chemical and throwing stuff at it.
I knew you could go past the magical door and walk outside of the map. However, I didn't know THIS was possible!
It would be great if the scripts for TDD were prepared against the map glitches. Ie, kill the player or spawn many monsters if Daniel somehow gets to a place he shouldn't be able to without having fulfilled an objective (in this case, if Daniel gets past the rocks without having blown them up, or blowing them up without having prepared and set off the explosive).
Yeah but, you still have to assemble the drill any way because you will need it in the morgue.
You skip the chemical, sure, but I don't think it's possible to finish the game without the drill xD
Most instersting. Cool lol.

I've seen you've posted in my topic.... I've been thinking about Amnesia, Justine. In the 1st cell area where there is a trap door. If you were able to place a barrel near that trap door, along with a low leveled barricade to keep the Suitor at a distance... Then draw him out, wait near or on the barricade and see if he breaks the barrel. Question: would this destroy the trap door on the floor? And if so - would the player be allowed into that area? Smile

Then again, I don't know if Suitors are able to destroy barrels like brutes and grunts in TDD. I would assume they can. I will have to try it later...

I'm not sure if this reply was off-topic or not. But nice find none-the-less.

eta: I'm not sure the Suitor can destroy the barrels (he might've), but the barrels can displace the trap door. I even got inside the room where the captive is. The door polygon will move but the 'skin' won't... At least - that's what I experienced It appeared to be closed, but you could walk into the cell, and also touch an invisible (yet open) door. It said 'It will not budge'. Anyway.... I think it's possible to get into the lower area. Smile
(12-16-2012, 06:06 PM)Tetrafish Wrote: [ -> ]Most instersting. Cool lol.

I've seen you've posted in my topic.... I've been thinking about Amnesia, Justine. In the 1st cell area where there is a trap door. If you were able to place a barrel near that trap door, along with a low leveled barricade to keep the Suitor at a distance... Then draw him out, wait near or on the barricade and see if he breaks the barrel. Question: would this destroy the trap door on the floor? And if so - would the player be allowed into that area? Smile

Then again, I don't know if Suitors are able to destroy barrels like brutes and grunts in TDD. I would assume they can. I will have to try it later...

I'm not sure if this reply was off-topic or not. But nice find none-the-less.

eta: I'm not sure the Suitor can destroy the barrels (he might've), but the barrels can displace the trap door. I even got inside the room where the captive is. The door polygon will move but the 'skin' won't... At least - that's what I experienced It appeared to be closed, but you could walk into the cell, and also touch an invisible (yet open) door. It said 'It will not budge'. Anyway.... I think it's possible to get into the lower area. Smile
NICE! Big Grin
You know? You are right!
I always wanted to get to that room below the cells lol
Most probably, the Suitor can destroy barrels just like the Grunt or the Brute. If so, then maybe the hatch door could be displaced and therefore you could go below the cells.
I'm guessing it requires many failed attempts, but you would need more barrels if you wanted to blow THE WHOLE HATCH at once!
With only 3 barrels in the area you'd have to be lucky. Actually, I was able to get down there (just a few minutes ago) - but not how I expected to. I jumped up on the sloped platform that is to the right of the door that leads to that area. I thought I would try spam jumping the wall to get up to the platform that has the extra boxes and secret gramophone reel, but somehow I fell into that 'object'. I tried to get out and was then pushed out - which also pushed the door open without me opening it the traditional way. I tried it again, fell through.... Then proceeded to explore the area. You'll need to fall down -of course. You'll just have to try it yourself.

The lower area -which one could possibly access via the trap door- is mostly sealed off by bars. But if you go along to the left there will be a small opening that you can fit through. You should be able to get below the trap door. Also, there are a few walls you can walk through, some you can't. I didn't explore the area exhaustively. You can even get to the area where you saw the first Suitor (through that arched opening with the bars). There are 2 bed frames you can move, as well as a door that barely opens. You can even hear the Suitor breathing. However, I never did see him. I couldn't find a way to get out so I had to eventually fall into the abyss. Undecided

Personally, I don't like traveling OOB... Not to progress anyway. But I do like exploring. Big Grin
I had never managed anything you mentioned there.
I just tried building a barricade in front of the locked hatch with the barrels ahead of it.
The Suitor hit a barrel and the whole barricade blew up, the hatch even got displaced a little bit, but not nearly enough for me to go down. Not to mention that if I smashed barrels against the hatch, they would go through it and fall down, making it imposible for me to get them back.

EDIT: I just got down there, where the first suitor is. Couldn't get to the room below the hatch though...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7z-9746O3...e=youtu.be
In your video, around 35 seconds, you should be able to go through that corner where the bars end.
Yep! Finally got below the locked trapdoor!
Is it possible to get inside the prisoner's cell once the Suitor has spawned? Maybe you can get him to break the door...
(12-17-2012, 07:17 AM)h4xx0r Wrote: [ -> ]Yep! Finally got below the locked trapdoor!
Is it possible to get inside the prisoner's cell once the Suitor has spawned? Maybe you can get him to break the door...
I was able to get the door "open" -where I could walk through it (after hitting it with a barrel), but it "appeared" closed. Yet, my cursor would change to a hand as if the door were all the way open. It still wouldn't move. This was before I had the Suitor spawn.

Okay. Just tried it with a barricade and 3 barrels in front of the locked cell door. One swipe from the Suitor and the screen went black, LOL. I must've gotten knocked outside of the map... after a short while I got a game over from falling.
Pages: 1 2