Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: black screen :( computer issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone, i'm having this weird problem. When i start my computer everything goes all fine but after like 10 sec my screen goes black but computer still runs perfectly. So heres the weird part... If i turn off my monitor and then turn it back on, the screen starts working again but once again shutsdown after like 3 sec. and i could do that forever. So the way i handle the situation right now, is restart my computer like 30 times (not overreacting) and then it works fine...But yeah, spamming restart is bad for my nerves and my computer.

Win XP Nvidia geforce 8800 Wink

PS: I tried upgrading my drivers

And yes...sorry... this is a serious thread Smile
Hmmmm. have you added any hardware (Hard Drives, Optical Drives, Graphics Cards, etc...) to your computer lately?
yup, a new power supply
Try switching back to your old one (if possible) see if that helps
ohh dammit thats gonna be hard. I'll see what i can do.. thanks anyway Smile

Any other ideas what might cause the problem ?
I don't know shit about this. But maybe you should google it? That kinda is what I do when I get the kind of issues, And usually ends up me being happy again Big Grin.

If it doesn't help... Well... Maybe its time to switch to a newer Operating system like Win 7 :/
I'm not sure what it could be. Maybe a change in BIOS

Or maybe a virus?
Bad connectors? Try changing your cables between your graphics card and your monitor.
Hum... If I'm not wrong, the screen doesn't work with other internal things from the computer. In my MEDION screen there's a menu thing, maybe you can look for yours and looking at the configuration.