Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Old Games Freakin' Rock
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
(12-26-2012, 11:06 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]I've been thinking about buying System Shock 2

Good luck, it's impossible to get it legally
[Image: 1181242155329.png]

[Image: RollercoasterTycoon2.jpg]

[Image: 6765adb5ccd8cb4ec9114943a0b799ef.jpg]
Hunter, i have found 6 used system shock 2 games on amazon, ranging from 38 dollars for just the disk in scratched but functioning condition, to over 200 dollars for a pristine box and manual and unused disk copy. so, no, its not impossible to get it, just nigh on impossible. same issue for a lot of old games, hey, you try getting a pristine wolfenstein 3d these days! im lucky ive still got mine, fully functioning, boxes, manuals, the add ons, all on Floppy Diskette of all things, as i dont think ill be able to replace it with a physical copy, only a GOG datafile. wich kinda sucks,as to me, you just cant beat a box and manual and disk/diskette physical copy.
(12-27-2012, 07:46 PM)the dark side Wrote: [ -> ]Hunter, i have found 6 used system shock 2 games on amazon, ranging from 38 dollars for just the disk in scratched but functioning condition, to over 200 dollars for a pristine box and manual and unused disk copy. so, no, its not impossible to get it, just nigh on impossible. same issue for a lot of old games, hey, you try getting a pristine wolfenstein 3d these days! im lucky ive still got mine, fully functioning, boxes, manuals, the add ons, all on Floppy Diskette of all things, as i dont think ill be able to replace it with a physical copy, only a GOG datafile. wich kinda sucks,as to me, you just cant beat a box and manual and disk/diskette physical copy.

That's why I still have my 3.5 inch and 5.5 inch floppy diskettes for Stratego with the original box and code generator! Smile
the original code generator? my goodness, thats rare these days, fantastic it has survived so long! 5.5 inch floppy? you just made me feel young! i only go back to 3.5 inch!
(12-27-2012, 09:15 PM)the dark side Wrote: [ -> ]the original code generator? my goodness, thats rare these days, fantastic it has survived so long! 5.5 inch floppy? you just made me feel young! i only go back to 3.5 inch!

-wheeze- I'm so old...
You guys are reminding me of some more games!

1) Roller Coaster Tycoon
2) Silent hill 2-4 (haven't been able to play the first as it requires a PS1 memory card and I don't have one)
3) Rampage (Playstation)

Great stuff!
Now that you mention original medium, I have the original World of Xeen CDs (the combo game made up of Might and Magic 4 and 5) I don't have the box though, it was lost yeeeaaaars ago, which is a shame.
(12-27-2012, 09:31 PM)nackidno Wrote: [ -> ]Now that you mention original medium, I have the original World of Xeen CDs (the combo game made up of Might and Magic 4 and 5) I don't have the box though, it was lost yeeeaaaars ago, which is a shame.

I sold my mint-condition Quake 2 disk and my original mint-condition Hexen 2 disk. I also go rid of some newer games (Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 1), Emperor Battle for Dune (I enjoyed it... Original jewel case edition, average worth is $40 on the internet, max is $80). I think I got $50 for it. I use to have waaaayyyy more than I have now. I downsized...
i dont think i ever sold a game that i have loved. i dont see the point, because i know im gonna miss it, and it may be impossible to get another copy.

hmm, suprised no ones mentioned the original "Red Faction" yet, that game is a real forgotten gem. an innovator in its time, being one of the first FPS games to have envioronment destruction, with thumpy shooting, fun gameplay, and a suprisingly deep main charachter. shame its been forgotten, how come it has?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16