Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia claims it needs a disk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm having this weird problem where Amnesia crashes upon being launched, saying the disk drive is empty.
[Image: tumblr_mfvqbkvSr31rorjpmo1_500.jpg]
It works perfectly fine on my friend's computer (which I used the same installer on).
How can I fix this?

I no longer get the disk message. Now it just crashes immediately after launching with no messages.
I believe it may be a problem with my computer.
(12-31-2012, 07:06 AM)GarryGuerten Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having this weird problem where Amnesia crashes upon being launched, saying the disk drive is empty.
It works perfectly fine on my friend's computer (which I used the same installer on).
How can I fix this?

I no longer get the disk message. Now it just crashes immediately after launching with no messages.

Where do u get it from?
(12-31-2012, 08:11 AM)officialbee Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2012, 07:06 AM)GarryGuerten Wrote: [ -> ]I'm having this weird problem where Amnesia crashes upon being launched, saying the disk drive is empty.
How can I fix this?

Where do u get it from?

I got it from Humble Bundle V, except I had to download the torrent because I was 5 cents short of getting the Steam key.
the Humble Bundle one is DRM-free
As well, you are running on a torrent of the Humble Bundle?..
Humble Bundle does offer torrent download as well as direct
Strange. But why would it cause to ask for a disk if it's the same thing? Did you pick the wrong torrent?
you cannot pick the wrong torrent, it is just one there for each game. So, this is an operating system issue of some sort
As for your crash, please check the sticky guides found here and attach HPL.log file found in: Documents/Amnesia/main
(12-31-2012, 11:41 AM)GarryGuerten Wrote: [ -> ]I got it from Humble Bundle V, except I had to download the torrent because I was 5 cents short of getting the Steam key.

I understand to download a torrent when the game would be steam exclusive. But Amnesia is DRM-free and not connected to Steam, so you should buy the game via official store.

Otherwise you will not get any support here!
Pages: 1 2