Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Cool Penumbra Wallpaper I made
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Thanks to being shown Amnesia's Material Editor, I was able to convert and place a few monsters and Philip in a curled ball (from Requiem) in an Amnesia area.

Once I was sure they would appear properly in Amnesia, I positioned them into the attached Penumbra Series Wallpaper.

I made it in Amnesia to show the idea of Penumbra being made in Amnesia's naturally dark setting. I think it came out great.

Note the spider is from Amnesia, though it is the same size; model; and texture as the Penumbra spider. The models, textures, and fonts belong to Frictional Games. I just placed them in this wallpaper.
I think it'd be cool to take away the beams and lanterns and place a dim pointlight directly above Philip, and increase the radius until the fronts of all the monsters are subtly shown.
(01-03-2013, 05:22 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]I think it'd be cool to take away the beams and lanterns and place a dim pointlight directly above Philip, and increase the radius until the fronts of all the monsters are subtly shown.

Based on your review, I did just that and it does indeed look better.
That looks more like Penumbra =P And I don't remember Philips body anywhere.... It's been awhile since I played but does he show up at the end of Black Plague, on the floor after typing?
(01-03-2013, 06:04 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]That looks more like Penumbra =P And I don't remember Philips body anywhere.... It's been awhile since I played but does he show up at the end of Black Plague, on the floor after typing?

You're close, it's the end of Requiem that you see the body. Yes, this v2 looks like Penumbra, and the darker setting just adds to it Smile

Of the penumbra monsters, which one made you nervouse and/or scared?
Dogs, easily.

I have a bit of a fear of feral, four-legged beasts. (I can hardly play Doom 3 because of the "beasts" or "hellhounds")
(01-03-2013, 06:40 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Dogs, easily.

I have a bit of a fear of feral, four-legged beasts. (I can hardly play Doom 3 because of the "beasts" or "hellhounds")

That reminds me of how terrified my older brother was (I think still is) towards Hyenas.

[Image: jesus-hyena.jpg]
(01-03-2013, 06:40 AM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Dogs, easily.

Ditto. As a kid one of my neighbors had a dog who was a sweet little thing, and one day when I was getting on my trampoline it ran towards me. I smiled and reached out and the thing went for my neck. I managed to escape and my dad chased it off.

This is why Penumbra scares me more than Amnesia.
[Image: doom3.jpg]
THIS THING. Scares the SHIT out of me everytime I play.
(01-03-2013, 07:40 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ][Image: doom3.jpg]
THIS THING. Scares the SHIT out of me everytime I play.
[Image: dont-go-running-scared-from-social-media.jpg]

nope.avi
Pages: 1 2 3