Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Combining Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, guys.
I have a problem with combining my hammer and chipper. First, let me tell you how the player gets them since that may be the problem. So in one of the map he takes the hammer(named hammer_1) from a desk and then uses it to destroy some wooden boards. Then he enters the door to the other map. There he finds the chipper(named stone_chipper_1) but then when I try to combine them it says "combination doesn't work".
Here is my inventory.hps script
Code:
void OnGameStart()
{
    AddCombineCallback("hammer_chipper", "hammer_1", "stone_chipper_1", "HammerChipperFunc", false);
}

void HammerChipperFunc(string &in asItemA, string &in asItemB)
{
    PlayGuiSound("15_make_hammer", 1.0f);
    RemoveItem(asItemA);
    RemoveItem(asItemB);
    GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper", "", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 1);
}
Thanks in advance Smile
GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);

Try this one. Also, check names and delete any map_caches if there are.
(01-21-2013, 01:59 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);

Try this one. Also, check names and delete any map_caches if there are.

Checked names, deleted map_caches, changed script still doesn't work Undecided
Where do you have the inventory.hps?
(01-21-2013, 02:18 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]Where do you have the inventory.hps?
in redist/custom stories/My custom story folder/maps

Fixed. There was an intro map I forgot about since I made my story start from the next map. Deleting the cache really solved the problem. Thanks "The chaser" Smile