Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Issues with Level Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My level editor crashes about every five minutes while I am trying to design my level. The BlackBox thing pops up too. It also didn'd do this at first either. It also wont show parts of my map while I am testing in in-game. Entire walls didnt render or show up at all. You could literally walk straight through them. I currently dont have any major scripts in my .hps file. Help?
Could you please give more details? If it's custom content, that must be the problem. What error pops-up?

Also, go to Documents<HPL2<LevelEditor.log in windows and copy-paste what it says.
I havent used custom content yet. It was a static object {walls} that were not properly showing up. The log didnt show the crash but it talked about inconsistent static entities and badly saved entities:

Game Running
--------------------------------------------------------

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Resetting scene

// Loading file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Amnesia The Dark Descent/custom_stories/Rise of the Fallen/maps/lvl1/lvl1.map

Inconsistency found in file entities/furniture/stove_front02/stove_front02.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/furniture/stove_front02/stove_front02.ent
Inconsistency found in file entities/furniture/stove_front01/stove_front01.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/furniture/stove_front01/stove_front01.ent
Inconsistency found in file entities/furniture/sofa/sofa.ent : no subtype Static in type StaticProp
Using type Entity <Entity> StaticProp for badly saved file entities/furniture/sofa/sofa.ent
That means something is wrong with the entities itself. Re-installing the game AND editor may be the solution.