Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Problems with notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a small issue... The notes in my CS work, but it doesnt automatically open the note. I even have the "open in journal" option selected. Any ideas?
Is it a diary or a note?

Diaries require a sound file; if they are picked up without a sound file, they will immediately close, and the player will have to open it up in their journal. Notes don't require a sound file, so they should open up just fine.
(02-01-2013, 03:52 AM)palistov Wrote: [ -> ]Is it a diary or a note?

Diaries require a sound file; if they are picked up without a sound file, they will immediately close, and the player will have to open it up in their journal. Notes don't require a sound file, so they should open up just fine.

One diary and two notes. none of them worked. I did have a sound file for the diary though...
(02-02-2013, 09:52 AM)TheGreatCthulhu Wrote: [ -> ]Have you seen these tutorials by Your Computer?

Simple notes: Amnesia Custom Story Creation
Diaries vs notes: Amnesia Custom Story Creation

Yeah, but the issue isnt that I did them wrong. The notes show up, the dont open automatically though.
So, what you mean is that when you picked up the note, it opens 5 seconds later?
No, he means that when he picks the note, you don't read it and you have to open journal to see it.