Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Change rotating angle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I've been using this tutorial to make a hidden shelf using a lever and everything works fine and all, but the shelf goes in "wrong" direction. Does anyone know how to change the direction?

This is how it looks like:

[Image: fRt3FWD.jpg]
Use this script:

SetMoveObjectStateExt(string& asName, float afState, float afAcc, float afMaxSpeed, float afSlowdownDist, bool abResetSpeed);

This means:

SeMoveObjectState("shelf_1", -1, 1, 1, 1, true);

Is normally 1 or 0, but try using -1 so it rotates in another direction.

If it doesn't work, go to the model editor and open the .ent file of the shelf. Go to OpenAmount and play with the values until it makes the appropiate effect-I'd reccomend -90, as it seems to be rotating the opposite direction.
Then, save it as ANOTHER .ENT in a folder in your entities folder. This folder should have the name of your story: When going to release it, put the entity in Yourstory<Entities.

Hope it helped! Smile
Where can I find 'OpenAmount'?
In the Settings<UserDefinedVariables.
Ok, I've changed it's values in ModelEditor and placed in a entities-folder in my cs-folder, but how do I get it into LevelEditor?
(02-05-2013, 07:56 PM)Tigerwaw Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I've changed it's values in ModelEditor and placed in a entities-folder in my cs-folder, but how do I get it into LevelEditor?

Tigerwaw pls:

I meant an entity folder in the game itself, not in the CS folder: This is when you are going to release it.

Just:

LevelEditor:
Entities<Folderwhereyourentityis<yourentity
oh...Well, that makes sense...

EDIT: I changed it to -1(-90) and now it just dissappears. It seems like it's not possible to change it like that :c