Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia custom main menu background
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was practicing my map making skills and thought that it would be cool to make a new background for the main menu Big Grin (I think i might use this one in an upcoming custom story of mine)

So yeah, tell me what you think, do you like/not like it?, Why?, Is there something that can be improved?

Im always happy to have some criticism or feedback about my works Smile

[Image: D729C54BF5DDD5C3F9F7422915A4A27439B7B35C]

(Note that all the candles are lit although i have set some of them not to be. I do not know how to fix this...)
Looks good Smile
But, where's the download ?
I placed the file there Big Grin You can change the name of the .map file to menu_bg and it should work Smile
That is absolutely gorgeous! I might have to change my menu background to this Big Grin Only thing I can think of possibly changing is how suddenly it fades to black - probably because there's one very well-lit chain hanging in the blackness. Some sort of fade, like a large pointlight with 25% of the main light's value to extend into the blackness slightly might fix this. Regardless, I think this is absolutely amazing; +1 for being awesome and sharing this with everyone!
(02-09-2013, 11:05 PM)Kiandra Wrote: [ -> ]That is absolutely gorgeous! I might have to change my menu background to this Big Grin Only thing I can think of possibly changing is how suddenly it fades to black - probably because there's one very well-lit chain hanging in the blackness. Some sort of fade, like a large pointlight with 25% of the main light's value to extend into the blackness slightly might fix this. Regardless, I think this is absolutely amazing; +1 for being awesome and sharing this with everyone!

Thank you very much! Smile I was thinking about some minor changes in the atmosphere and the lightning. I just need to get the sounds working in the map properly because i want 3 different spots for whispering sounds to be played randomly when you open the main menu. Big Grin

I have other ideas for the main menu too and i will post them once i get them finished Smile
(02-11-2013, 06:32 AM)Orgasmatron Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much! Smile I was thinking about some minor changes in the atmosphere and the lightning. I just need to get the sounds working in the map properly because i want 3 different spots for whispering sounds to be played randomly when you open the main menu. Big Grin

I have other ideas for the main menu too and i will post them once i get them finished Smile

I don't think it's possible to put 3 random sounds to the main menu map. Maybe you can put it but people won't hear the sounds because there's a music when you open the main menu. You can hear the sounds in a CS map. But idk. Maybe possible maybe not.
(02-11-2013, 01:29 PM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2013, 06:32 AM)Orgasmatron Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you very much! Smile I was thinking about some minor changes in the atmosphere and the lightning. I just need to get the sounds working in the map properly because i want 3 different spots for whispering sounds to be played randomly when you open the main menu. Big Grin

I don't think it's possible to put 3 random sounds to the main menu map. Maybe you can put it but people won't hear the sounds because there's a music when you open the main menu. You can hear the sounds in a CS map. But idk. Maybe possible maybe not.

I actually have two sounds placed in the map and they do play. But they start playing at the very time you get into the main menu.