Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: segmantation fault...1.0.2567
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sofox Wrote:Thank you so much Sybesis, I had the exact same problem of Fedora 8. I knew it was the sound because the log file cut off after the sound was starting up.
I'm glad it helped. I'm going to do it on Fedora9. Nvidia driver were released.
it seems pulse audio causes lots of issues. As the packaged openal works on my fedora 8.

Personally I've removed pulse audio from all of my fedora 8 & 9 because it has been causing so many problems (including no sound in any app as a normal user)
Urkle Wrote:it seems pulse audio causes lots of issues. As the packaged openal works on my fedora 8.

Personally I've removed pulse audio from all of my fedora 8 & 9 because it has been causing so many problems (including no sound in any app as a normal user)

yeah, i had my problem too.
When i installed first pulse audio was working great then one day, no updates etc. It just crashed completely. I know pulseaudio is one of the thing that makes firefox flash plugin crash. Sometimes for no reason pulse audio would just randomly crash and output a noise that sounds like a connected 56k modem.

So i completely reinstalled fedora 8 and all problem were gone.

But with fedora 9, no problem at all. everything is smooth, sounds great etc. And the game is terrible Smile It still amuse me that the game doesn't include high definition models with thousands of animation, models , characters etc. But, the essential is there. Gameplay/ Story. and the graphics are cool. I love this game Big Grin
Pages: 1 2