Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Do you want the hunter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Simply seeing the hunter climb into a vent, or run away into the darkness would be enough for most players. Having the player 'fight' the hunter would kill it's scariness.
Anyone remember the first spider in overture? You just see it run past? That made my heart thump in an unnatural way!
what windexglow said would please me 100%.
It wouldn't scare me because I would need to think that it could actually harm me. Maybe have it patrol around the game your no likely to face it too often and if you try you could probably avoid it but it is almost impossible to kill.
The thing is, you wouldn't know it won't hurt you. It'll be one of those things in the back of your head "I think it's going to jump out at me any moment in this room..."
Yeah, scaring-purpose enemies is all right. Fighting havn't really been Frictionals strongest side so far.
HUNTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER.

have the dogs as one dog that scouts for you and help hold back enemies!

HUNTER MUST BE IN IT!@!!
I have a better idea Big Grin
see some guy or dog or something runing and as soon as it gets to the entrance of a room it gets pulled in and screams. then you see a big shadow of something thats inside (you're outside and looking at it from an angle, so you dont see inside the room). when you get to t he door and take a peek inside you can just see it for a fraction of a second while it runs into a vent or a hole or something. Smile

kind of like how in Overture the player doesn't know whats hunting everyone, until the half of the game, when the worm goes through the big door and you have to go over the pit agian to escape it Smile
I'd like the Hunter to be a part of Requiem, as it is one of my favourite creatures in Penumbra so far.
maybe it'd be better to meet hunter in situation like this:
you open the door and go through a long corridor and then when you're at half of the corridor the hunter went off the vent at the end of that corridor and in the same moment the ceiling collapse between you both and it get's back to vent
Most likely, we will not meet the hunter in Requiem. But, i got a little idea of an encounter.

You slowly open the door, the light from the room behind you slightly lighten up the next room before you. You pick up your flashlight to see better, but it flickers and then it turns off. You move into the room, and suddenly the door behind you closes and you hear plate buckets and other items fall to the floor with a disturbing echo, the room is big. And there is nowhere to run, the light turns on for a second and then turns off again. There was blood on the wall and things all over the floor.
You start to breath heavier and you can hear footsteps from bare human feet coming your way. You try to open the door, but with no luck. You start to make a creepy sound, almost like crying in panic. Then the footsteps end. Silent like death, then the light turns on and you see the vent is open to your right.
The door is still locked and the only way to go...Is into the vent.

I just feeled to write something. I agoing to create a horror adventure myself sometime. So i got many ideas. This is one of them. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4