Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to take fullscreen screenshots on Linux with LXDE?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What the title says. A. blocks any keyboard shortcuts not handled by the game.
F8 does not work?
I haven't! I don't think it's documented anywhere. Where will it dump the screenshots?
I don't think LXDE brings its own screenshot program. Not sure which distro you're using, but there are plenty of screenshot programs for Linux.

If you're trying to take a screenshot using the game's built-in feature (shortcut being F8), the screenshot will be "dumped" where the game is installed in. If you're not, then what you're asking isn't related to the game at all and shouldn't be posted in this section.
OK, F8 tested and working on Fedora 18 Default Spin with LXDE installed for gaming. The shots were saved to Desktop folder. There is no Desktop folder available in Gnome though. I wonder if the files will be accessible...

(02-12-2013, 06:21 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think LXDE brings its own screenshot program. Not sure which distro you're using, but there are plenty of screenshot programs for Linux.

If you're trying to take a screenshot using the game's built-in feature (shortcut being F8), the screenshot will be "dumped" where the game is installed in. If you're not, then what you're asking isn't related to the game at all and shouldn't be posted in this section.
No screenshot program will work, even `scrot` with custom lxde keyboard mapping to PrintScreen key did. Even function keys for brightness control will work for that matter.

Anyway, problem solved. Good Amnesia has this feature built in. Games without screenshot taking are so early-90's!

Thank you Jens for your prompt reply! All of my office colleagues got fired-up by my impressions of Amnesia and quite a few of them will give it a go!

EDIT:
Tested under Gnome (I meant Gnome Shell 3.6+ from the beginning). There were no Desktop folder in GS so... Amnesia created one automatically and saved screenshots there Smile