Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Black Screens!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This makes me extremely angry. I spend $20 for a game I can run and I can't even play it. Whenever I try to play, I can hear things but I cannot see anything!

Here is a picture of what I am talking about: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...=127050795

I really need some help with this. If I can't play this, then I want something in return. I included my hpl file as an attachment. AngryAngryAngry
I don't know what is wrong... On the side note, on your hpl.log, i can't see your intel number (like Intel 4000 Chipset or whatever). The GLSL version is 1.20 which is compatible.
EDIT: Check your menu.bg.map in:
Amnesia - The Dark Descent/redist/main_menu/main
following the guide on how to update your drivers found at the top of the tech support forum section.
as Jens said you have Intel HD. Follow the sticky guides on how to update your drivers.

And no, the GLSL 1.2 is not the OpenGL version
(02-14-2013, 02:28 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]as Jens said you have Intel HD. Follow the sticky guides on how to update your drivers.

Are you talking to me? because GLSL is actually compatible with a number of version of OpenGL.
Source(s): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GLSL
Yes it is but the log clearly indicates the OpenGL version so why do an extra "conversion" from GLSL to OGL?
(02-14-2013, 03:08 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it is but the log clearly indicates the OpenGL version so why do an extra "conversion" from GLSL to OGL?
They do? (opens up the dudes hpl.log)Oh yeah. They do. That's odd, because i didn't have that.
EDIT: Oh wait, i did.
(02-14-2013, 02:28 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]as Jens said you have Intel HD. Follow the sticky guides on how to update your drivers.

I tried to update my drivers and it said that my drivers are already updated. The screen is still dark and I don't know what to do.
(02-17-2013, 01:23 AM)billthelegend Wrote: [ -> ]

I tried to update my drivers and it said that my drivers are already updated. The screen is still dark and I don't know what to do.
It's probably a problem with your menu_bg.map
Where did you get the game from?
Pages: 1 2