Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Guest room
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Playing through the first time. I had just gone into the Guest Room and was wondering if I did something wrong. When I triggered the monster spawn, I shut the door and hid in one of the armoire. He busted the door open and promptly clawed me through the armoire doors.

Is there something you think I could have done that would draw them to me like that?
what is the armoire door? You hide in the cupboards, and you must find the Machine Room Key.
Yeah, cupboard, closet, armoire. I did exactly that.
(02-15-2013, 10:17 AM)apparition Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, cupboard, closet, armoire. I did exactly that.

Where did you hide? Sure, the cupboard.
Wait, did you picked up the Machine Room Key? Because that could be it.
Hid in the cupboard, yes.

I did not pick up the key until after I died.
(02-15-2013, 10:30 AM)apparition Wrote: [ -> ]Hid in the cupboard, yes.

I did not pick up the key until after I died.
Pick up the key first, then hide in the cupboard.
I didn't pick the key when the monster comes (That's like 2 years ago). I didn't die in the cupboard. After the monster's gone, I just pick the key and then go to the Back Hall.
Sounds like a rare bug, that encounter is pretty scripted, try again after picking up the key and see what happens.
Are we talking about actually finding the key and then hide? Because the chances of finding the key before the event I would say are pretty slim. The creature appears if you just take a few steps to the right after entering the room, and I think that is much more likely to happen with a first time player than going straight to the picture. =)

Wow, that does sound like a glitch. It has happened to me once in a custom story, actually. Made me jump out of my chair since it happened so suddenly!
Well the monster didn't spawn again after I died so I'm done with that room. But yeah, I was thinking it was either a bug or something I did alerted it to my presence in the cupboard (and all I was doing was standing still in it).

Made me jump seeing his arm clip through the cupboard but amusing in its own way.