Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How to make a 'friendly' monster in Amnesia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been wondering if there's a way to make a monster where it doesn't attack you nor do you lose any sanity looking at it.

I know disabling the triggers and going into the user variables will make it not attack you but is there a way to look at it without losing sanity?
(02-24-2013, 04:16 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]Only in a full/isolated full conversion. And that would require editing game.cfg and stuff.

What specifically is a full/isolated full conversion?
There is a script though: SetEnemyDisableTriggers(string& asName, bool abX);
That way it won't attack you, but you'll still lose sanity. The only way to do that is editing it in the model editor. I don't know how, you should just look up a tutorial or something
(02-24-2013, 07:15 PM)Smoke Wrote: [ -> ]There is a script though: SetEnemyDisableTriggers(string& asName, bool abX);
That way it won't attack you, but you'll still lose sanity. The only way to do that is editing it in the model editor. I don't know why, you should just look up a tutorial or something

I checked in the model editor and i haven't seen anything dealing with disabling sanity.
here I had the same question:
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-20463.html

example:

void latern(string &in asName, int alCount)
{
RemoveItem("lantern_1");
SetEntityActive("servant_grunt_1", true);
SetEnemyDisableTriggers("servant_grunt_1", true); //monster off
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_1", 0, "Idle");
AddEnemyPatrolNode("servant_grunt_1", "PathNodeArea_2", 0, "Idle");
}

you have to set path nodes for the monster!!!

but thats only the way to make the enemy not to attac you...
(02-24-2013, 09:31 PM)Knusper. Wrote: [ -> ]here I had the same question:

It's not the same question. Editing game.cfg is the only way to prevent sanity loss from monsters (but the screen effect will remain).
Also, keep in mind that what Your Computer said will affect ALL the enemies, not just one.
(02-24-2013, 09:36 PM)NaxEla Wrote: [ -> ]Also, keep in mind that what Your Computer said will affect ALL the enemies, not just one.

Where precisely in the cfg file do I need to go to get rid of sanity when looking at a monster?