Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can the game handle 40+ enemies at once?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a question about how many enemies can go after the player at once. I want the player to be chased by 40+ animated enemies (with custom sounds too). The issues I think I'm going to have...

*The enemies will run into each other (I will have to make the map larger)
*Is there a set limit to how many enemies that can pursue the player at once?
*The biggest issue at hand will the game lag? (the models are not that complex the colors are simple and the animation is not that complex either)

The reason I want 40+ (a large amount is to give the player the feeling of a mob chasing them if at all possible)
I tried with 150 once. Wasn't a problem.
Depends on your computer specs. If it's good then you won't have a problem.
(02-25-2013, 12:20 AM)MulleDK19 Wrote: [ -> ]I tried with 150 once. Wasn't a problem.

Are you joking? just wondering why did you do so if your being serious.

(02-25-2013, 12:23 AM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on your computer specs. If it's good then you won't have a problem.

Well I want people to be able to play the custom story and not lag. The CS needs to be able to work for most people.
(02-25-2013, 12:23 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2013, 12:23 AM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on your computer specs. If it's good then you won't have a problem.

Well I want people to be able to play the custom story and not lag. The CS needs to be able to work for most people.

Less monster, less lag.
Ask some people with low computer specs to test our your theory if your worried about game performance.