Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: I'm an idiot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to ungroup a large group of objects slowly?

Turns out I do stupid things when I'm tired; for example: group an entire map, flip it along the x-axis 180, save and exit the level editor so I can run around on my upside-down map in amnesia.

Despite letting me both rotate and group a bajillion things together, the level editor crashes every time I try to ungroup the massive object using "B". How badly did I mess up? D:
Yeah, I know how you feel. It sucks when it crashers after you grouped or un-grouped objects.
I'm just gonna say you have to group less objects than the last one.
(03-02-2013, 05:16 AM)No Author Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I know how you feel. It sucks when it crashers after you grouped or un-grouped objects.
I'm just gonna say you have to group less objects than the last one.

I'll give it a try Smile

Edit: Nope, can't group/ungroup objects at all.
Hmmmmmmm......
Group more less objects ?
I would if the program didn't crash when I tried Confused
Don't worry too much about it, I'll use multi-select for everything if I must to finish this map - too many details to restart.
Thanks for trying to help Smile
If you're going to mess around like that in your map, it's probably best to create a copy. Then when you want the map to be normal again, just drag it into your folder and replace! Tongue
Open the map file in a plain-text editor (e.g. Notepad++) and search for Compound. You should see something like this:

Code:
<Compound Active="true" Group="0" ID="108" Name="Compound_1" Rotation="0 0 0" Scale="1 1 1" Tag="" WorldPos="-16 0.5 -5">
     <Component ID="106" />
     <Component ID="105" />
     <Component ID="104" />
</Compound>

Delete it, save, and reload the map.

P.S. If you don't trust yourself with this task, then make a back up of your map before attempting to make any modifications.