Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How do you feel during a chase?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Hey there,

During a chase in Amnesia I always feel adrenaline ( when there was a good build up to the chase first ) and I feel a lot of my muscles get tensed. Am I the only one who has that? And when you feel different could you please describe how you feel?

Thanks,
Jiersk
I probably get the very same reaction you're describing. I actually get so tense that I feel like I'm actually being chased, and that something is behind me, but I'm still in control of only the character.

It's hard to describe.
[Image: amnesia___cereal_guy___meme_by_vafiveh-d4e0tfe.png]

Here is what I think

What I do

and how I react
I get the same reactions as Jiersk+sometimes I start to shake and whimper a bit.
As I said somewhere else, when hearing the monster spawn sound, I feel very tense. My eyes open wide, my heart starts to fibrillate as long as the monster theme music is on*. I usually run back to a safe place (before even knowing where the monster is - which once led me to bumping right into it), and I have the feeling that I run slower than usual.

* Which is why I think the monster themes are very important in the game. Removing them would add more jump-scares, and I hate them when there are too many.
(03-09-2013, 07:24 AM)3dge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: amnesia___cereal_guy___meme_by_vafiveh-d4e0tfe.png]

Here is what I think
What I do
and how I react

Yeah, that's how I feel during a chase.

This thread reminds me of "The Chasing" CS that was created by The Chaser.
I feel like:
FUCK FUCK FUCK RUN RUN RUN DON´T LOOK BEHIND DON´T LOOK BEHIND OMFG I´M GONNA DIE!!!
Only that I keep it to myself xD
(Monster music is heard.)OH, FUCK ME! FUCK FUCK! CRAP!
(03-09-2013, 07:24 AM)3dge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: amnesia___cereal_guy___meme_by_vafiveh-d4e0tfe.png]

Here is what I think

What I do

and how I react

Wait, you eat cereal while playing amnesia? Not smart, man. Not smart.

Just like AdamD I also kind of scream inside my head "FuuuuckshitfuckshitruuunohcrapImgonnadiieeeee;_;" but I look quite neutral, except my eyes are wide open.
first thing that pops to my mind when i hear a monster spawn is "WHERE ?!?!?!?"

when i'm being chased its "GOTTA CLOSE THE DOOR!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7