Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every time I try to run the game it says that the game has crashed and says this

Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 0023:005A0CE2

I just I do not know what to do i have updeted my driver and my grafic card is not old please help me I would very much like to play the game.
From where did you get the game?
(03-14-2013, 02:06 AM)netametalll Wrote: [ -> ]Every time I try to run the game it says that the game has crashed and says this

Amnesia.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module Amnesia.exe at 0023:005A0CE2

I just I do not know what to do i have updeted my driver and my grafic card is not old please help me I would very much like to play the game.

I have the same problem. I just purchased this at Staples (the office supply store). Once I installed, got excited to play the game, and all I got was the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION alert in module 001B:00000000 and below, I get the following under stack trace: 001B:00000000 and 001b:005BFBC7. Please help. Looks like a great game that I can only drool over at present.
Attach the hpl.log as directed in the stickied guides please.