Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Climbing on top of a ladder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've created a ladder and it works fine, except when the player climbs to the top of the ladder he starts hovering for about 2 seconds and can move anywhere through the air, how do I fix this? Aside from a blockbox, because the position of the ladder doesn't allow for one
I'm pretty sure that's just a glitch, because that also happens in TTD's maps. You can use the glitch in the Cistern Entrance to access the morgue and Cistern without the need to lower the bridges.
(03-19-2013, 03:47 AM)NaxEla Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that's just a glitch, because that also happens in TTD's maps. You can use the glitch in the Cistern Entrance to access the morgue and Cistern without the need to lower the bridges.

How do you fix that glitch? Is it impossible?
(03-19-2013, 07:45 AM)ingedoom Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2013, 03:47 AM)NaxEla Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure that's just a glitch, because that also happens in TTD's maps. You can use the glitch in the Cistern Entrance to access the morgue and Cistern without the need to lower the bridges.

How do you fix that glitch? Is it impossible?

(Very idiotic answer.)Make the area a bit lower.
Alright, if it's a glitch and it's in the main game, I guess I'll just leave it in..
(03-19-2013, 05:54 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, if it's a glitch and it's in the main game, I guess I'll just leave it in..

Try to do as JustAnotherPlater said. Lower the climbing area, ^^ maybe it can fix the issue.
I really doubt that is going to do anything
(03-20-2013, 01:12 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]I really doubt that is going to do anything

I had this exact problem in one of my maps and fiddling with the climb area reduced it greatly.
(03-20-2013, 12:20 AM)ingedoom Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2013, 05:54 PM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, if it's a glitch and it's in the main game, I guess I'll just leave it in..

Try to do as JustAnotherPlater said. Lower the climbing area, ^^ maybe it can fix the issue.

wat? I'm a plater now?