Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Multiplayer/Co-Op & Frictional Games? NO!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

What if there was a multiplayer version where one person was the human dude and everybody else was the creatures or 1 creature everybody else humans trying to kill it or like on Doom 3 there could be coop. So what do ya think.
depends on the enviroment
we dont know if it is close quarters or have large open areas
if it is close quarters i would say no, cuz then 1 person is allways taking the lead and would get boring kinda fast then

would be cool with a manhunt type of game tough Smile

Unlikely, coop and horror do not mix well. Also, there are numerus mods where you are a human and your enemies are player-controlloed monsters (Natural Selection just to name one). I also think that the HPL engine doesn't support netcode.
Multiplayer on a game like this, no, it won't work well, not when you don't can carry any weapon. Would be like Hidden Source / Vampire Slayer (Mod to HL1-2).
I am afraid there is no multiplayer planned. We are putting all effort in making a great single player experience.

Rowedekhelicon

Thomas Wrote:I am afraid there is no multiplayer planned. We are putting all effort in making a great single player experience.
Thank you. Smile
there we go :p
discussion completed :p
Quote:I also think that the HPL engine doesn't support netcode.
any engine can support netcode :p
at this time it probably needs a big recode if its going to have mp
Just to clear things up:

- The engine has no support for Networking

- It would be trivial to add network support.

- Networking will be added when we make a game that needs it.

There ya have it Smile

Thomas Wrote:I am afraid there is no multiplayer planned. We are putting all effort in making a great single player experience.
Finally, I'm rather fed up with all these multi-player games. I wanna play on my own before my PC and mess things up without others seeing it...

Multiplayer sucks, no matter how good the game is. Why? Becuse you either play with idiots or assholes. Or a friend.