Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Limit on the distance for triggering SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm playing around with an idea for getting the player's direction, using very large Script Area's (4 for now, North/South/East/West), and using the look-at callback to print a debug message. I seem to be able to activate them through walls so, that's not a problem.

But there seems to be a limit to how far away you need to be. From what I can tell testing in-game & in the level editor its 50m. Does anyone know of any way to change that? The MaxFocusDistance setting for script areas in the level editor doesn't affect it, and I haven't been able to find anything in game.cfg that would be relevant

Here's the code, if that matters...
Code:
void NavigationSetup()
    {
        SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback("SA_Navigate_NOR", "NavigationMessageDisplay", false);
        SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback("SA_Navigate_SOU", "NavigationMessageDisplay", false);
        SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback("SA_Navigate_EAS", "NavigationMessageDisplay", false);
        SetEntityPlayerLookAtCallback("SA_Navigate_WES", "NavigationMessageDisplay", false);
    }

void NavigationMessageDisplay(string &in strEntity, int inState)
    {
        if (inState==1) AddDebugMessage(strEntity, false);
    }
Bump. Does no one have any ideas?