Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Vanishing convex ceiling corner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was editing my CS and putting a ceiling on my wall for the finishing touches. I selected another entity and tried to move it. Instead it moved the ceiling that I had just placed(I must not have selected the other item by accident). Realizing this, I pressed 'control z'. The ceiling part disappeared and I discovered it later tilted to the side and shoved directly in the middle of my adjacent hallway. I discovered this while playing my map and went back and checked it in the editor. It doesn't appear in the editor though. I have no way of deleting it but it is still in the map. What do I do?
Clear you map cache. Simply navigate to your maps folder and delete any file with "cache" in the name.
I did that, but now whenever I launch the custom story the ceiling is still there and if I exit and go to my map file, the cache is there again.
Click CTRL + F and find your ceiling. Just input the name and when you found it, delete it.
It also could just be visible from one side, but not another. Most of Amnesia's static_objects are only visible from a particular viewpoint of angles, adjusting your POV in the Level Editor in that room may reveal its location, but like JustAnotherPlayer said:
(04-07-2013, 06:42 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Click CTRL + F and find your ceiling. Just input the name and when you found it, delete it.
That will work just the same Smile
Yeah it worked, but the name in inspector mode was different than its actual name, so I ended up scrolling through the list of objects. However I did look on both sides. So I don't know what happened.