Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Halloween Teaser Song
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Big Grin I thought that maybe this song from Halloween Teaser mean something? But I can not hear any words and I don't even know the language. I'm sorry if this topic already, and I apologize for my bad English Tongue.
This should probably be in the aamfp discussion thread.
(04-09-2013, 10:00 PM)Sasin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Big Grin I thought that maybe this song from Halloween Teaser mean something? But I can not hear any words and I don't even know the language. I'm sorry if this topic already, and I apologize for my bad English Tongue.

Hi Sasin,

She's singing the prayer "Kýrie, eléison / Christe, eléison". It's Greek and it means "Lord, have mercy / Christ, have mercy".
(04-10-2013, 02:18 AM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2013, 10:00 PM)Sasin Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Big Grin I thought that maybe this song from Halloween Teaser mean something? But I can not hear any words and I don't even know the language. I'm sorry if this topic already, and I apologize for my bad English Tongue.

Hi Sasin,

She's singing the prayer "Kýrie, eléison / Christe, eléison". It's Greek and it means "Lord, have mercy / Christ, have mercy".

Wow now it's even more creepy but thank you for answering! Did you know it or found somewhere?

Hi Sasin,

Well done on your first post.
(04-09-2013, 10:00 PM)Sasin Wrote: [ -> ]Wow nad it's even more creepy but thank you for answering! Did you know it or found somewhere?

You're welcome Smile
I used to sing in a church choir when I was a child, that's why I'm familiar with the words. We sang it the traditional way though... I remember hating it but, hey, who would have guessed it would be useful so many years later Tongue
I truly love the version on the AAMFP teaser, it's so chilling....

(04-10-2013, 03:02 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: [ -> ]Well done on your first post.

Thanks! Blush I've been lurking for some time now (really looking forward to the game's release) and I thought this would be a good opportunity to sign up.
(04-10-2013, 04:04 PM)Ashtoreth Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-09-2013, 10:00 PM)Sasin Wrote: [ -> ]Wow nad it's even more creepy but thank you for answering! Did you know it or found somewhere?

You're welcome Smile
I used to sing in a church choir when I was a child, that's why I'm familiar with the words. We sang it the traditional way though... I remember hating it but, hey, who would have guessed it would be useful so many years later Tongue
I truly love the version on the AAMFP teaser, it's so chilling....

(04-10-2013, 03:02 PM)GiggleBlizzard Wrote: [ -> ]Well done on your first post.

Thanks! Blush I've been lurking for some time now (really looking forward to the game's release) and I thought this would be a good opportunity to sign up.

I can't find any version on YT that sounds similar to that one from teaser.

Hi Sasin,

Wow, really interesting, thank you ^^
By the way, I thought that kind of choirs are sung in Latin...

Do you think that sounds similar?
Hmm, to be honest it doesn't sound similar to me.

There are many versions of the Kyrie; it is not a song by itself, it's a litany, so basically any composer can come up with a vocal melody for it.

The song in the AAMFP Halloween teaser sounds like something that could have been composed by Two Steps From Hell... *

(04-10-2013, 09:11 PM)AdamD Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, really interesting, thank you ^^
By the way, I thought that kind of choirs are sung in Latin...

You're welcome ^_^
Yes, I think that the Kyrie is the only Christian litany of Greek origin.

___

* EDIT: I just read the video description and AAMFP will feature a soundtrack by Jessica Curry, so my guess is that she composed that song.
Pages: 1 2