Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Unheard of penumbra game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, This is my first thread and not sure if this is in the right thread. I am a huge frictional fan boy :3 I own all their games. But before I was a fan boy, I wanted to get a scary game when i was a scardy cat. I googled "What is a good scary game for pc" and penumbra overture and black plague popped up. So I searched on Google "Penumbra" and a download was I found. It was just called "Penumbra" and that's it... So I downloaded it and I loved it, it was such a good game and I had a crappy computer back then. I beat the game and then skip ahead about a year. I had owned Amnesia not knowing that there were other penumbras then i watched a youtuber start playing Penumbra Overture, And thought wow this is cool but i didn't have money at the time. Now skip ahead 3 - 4 years. I got a new custom built computer and I started to play amnesia custom story's again just last week, so i got all the penumbras as well. I have only played black plague so far. And today i started to remember that one penumbra i played. so i Googled it and it must be a fan game or something because it was not created by frictional games. It's also free so i will leave a download link and if a mod or someone wants me to take it down for copyright reasons that is fine i do not know if this is just a early project or what. So tell me if this is not allowed, sorry if it isn't again this is my first post. Download
It seems like the free Penumbra game. It's before they got a publisher, if I'm not mistaken Wink
(04-12-2013, 01:30 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like the free Penumbra game. It's before they got a publisher, if I'm not mistaken Wink

Looks like we got ourselves a hipster in the room.
This is actually a pirated Penumbra, Tiiss. FG has never officially released any free game (or that I think).

So, I suggest you to remove the download link or the moderators will do something with this thread.

Nice to meet you though. Have a nice day Wink
(04-12-2013, 01:30 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like the free Penumbra game. It's before they got a publisher, if I'm not mistaken Wink

Oh okay, so most people know about it?

(04-12-2013, 01:36 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]This is actually a pirated Penumbra, Tiiss. FG has never officially released any free game (or that I think).

So, I suggest you to remove the download link or the moderators will do something with this thread.

Nice to meet you though. Have a nice day Wink

Okay, but i don't think it was released any where else i searched steam, Origin and even on the Penumbragame.com its not there but just to be safe i will remove it

http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/games

I found out it was made by frictional games but never released.
Its the tech demo and yes it was released so the link does not have to be removed
(04-12-2013, 02:04 PM)jens Wrote: [ -> ]Its the tech demo and yes it was released so the link does not have to be removed

hokae.
Why does everyone here think everyone has a pirated game? My goodness, stop assuming.
(04-12-2013, 04:01 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]Why does everyone here think everyone has a pirated game? My goodness, stop assuming.

Yes, exactly. It's not a hard copy. The game is distributed this way. Not everyone has it illegally downloaded.Exclamation
Let me explain what the game is.
The free tech demo of Penumbra was just a school project by Frictional Games and they won a student developer competition. This game is no part of the Penumbra series, it's just a tech demo shows the engine, how gameplay and physics working etc. Later they got a publisher for the "true" Penumbra series with full-length story.

The tech demo is not a classical demo with limited content, it's full playable, has same core story like Overture, but is a completely different game.
Pages: 1 2