Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Making Hammer and Chipper break open door?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have successfully made it so you pick up the hammer and chipper separately and combined them, but what I want to happen now is you use it on a door with a rusty lock, this breaks the lock giving the door a bit of damage (not totally destroying it) and in turn unlocks the door.

I think im ok with the majority of the scripting, im just not sure how to make the hammer and chipper play the animation?
PHP Code:
void OnStart()
{
AddUseItemCallback("""HammerChipper""RustyLock""DoorUnlockAnim"true);
}

void DoorUnlockAnim(string &in asItemstring &in asEntity)
{
SetPropHealth("RustyLock"0.0f); //RustyLock is the Lock.
SetPropHealth("DoorName"0.0f); //Door is hit with damage too as you explained it. Change doorname to what ever your door's name is.
SetSwingDoorLocked("DoorName"falsefalse); //Change doorname to whatever your door's name is.
PlaySoundAtEntity("""LOCKBREAK.snt""Player"0.0ffalse); //Change LOCKBREAK.snt to the sound of a lock broken with the extension .snt.
SetEntityActive("Hammer"true); //Hammer.
SetEntityActive("Chipper"true); //Chipper.
AddTimer(""1.4f"HammerChipperMove");
}

void HammerChipperMove(string &in asTimer)
{
SetMoveObjectState("Hammer"0.40);
SetMoveObjectState("Chipper"0.40);
AddTimer(""1.1f"HammerChipperMove2");
}

void HammerChipperMove2(string &in asTimer)
{
SetMoveObjectState("Hammer"0.1f);
SetMoveObjectState("Chipper"0.1f);
AddTimer(""0.5f"TimerLoop");
}

void TimerLoop(string &in asTimer)
{
AddTimer(""0.2f"HammerChipperMove");
AddTimer(""0.3f"HammerChipperMove2");
AddTimer(""2.4f"HammerChipperEnd"); //Change 2.4f to how long you want the smashing process to endure.
}

void HammerChipperEnd(string &in asTimer)
{
SetEntityActive("Hammer"false);
SetEntityActive("Chipper"false);
RemoveTimer("HammerChipperMove");
RemoveTimer("HammerChipperMove2");

Please note that I've wrote this from scratch - meaning that some errors must be in there. Just try it out.
You are a legend, thank you Smile

Question, where it says 'Hammer', 'Chipper' and 'HammerChipper', do I need to replace all these with the names of my items?
(04-21-2013, 02:02 PM)serbusfish Wrote: [ -> ]You are a legend, thank you Smile

Question, where it says 'Hammer', 'Chipper' and 'HammerChipper', do I need to replace all these with the names of my items?

Yep.
For some reason it wont work, it just says I cant use the item here. Here is my inventory code just for reference:

Code:
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

void hammer_chipper(string &in asItemA, string &in asItemB)
{
PlayGuiSound("15_make_hammer", 1.0f);
RemoveItem(asItemA); RemoveItem(asItemB);
GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);
}

////////////////////////////
// Run at the start of the game.
void OnGameStart()
{

/////HAMMER & CHIPPER COMBO/////
AddCombineCallback("hammer_chipper", "hammer_1", "chipper_1", "hammer_chipper", false);

}

And how I used your code:

Code:
void OnStart()

{

AddUseItemCallback("", "hammer_chipper", "RustyLock", "DoorUnlockAnim", true);

}

void DoorUnlockAnim(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
        SetPropHealth("RustyLock", 5.0f); //Door is hit with damage too as you explained it. Change doorname to what ever your door's name is.
        SetSwingDoorLocked("RustyLock", false, false); //Change doorname to whatever your door's name is.
        PlaySoundAtEntity("", "break_wood_metal.snt", "Player", 0.0f, false); //Change LOCKBREAK.snt to the sound of a lock broken with the extension .snt.
        SetEntityActive("hammer_1", true); //Hammer.
        SetEntityActive("chipper_1", true); //Chipper.
        AddTimer("", 1.4f, "HammerChipperMove");
}

void HammerChipperMove(string &in asTimer)

{
        SetMoveObjectState("hammer_1", 0.40);
        SetMoveObjectState("chipper_1", 0.40);
        AddTimer("", 1.1f, "HammerChipperMove2");
  }

void HammerChipperMove2(string &in asTimer)
  {
            SetMoveObjectState("hammer_1", 0.1f);
            SetMoveObjectState("chipper_1", 0.1f);
            AddTimer("", 0.5f, "TimerLoop");
  }

void TimerLoop(string &in asTimer)
{
        AddTimer("", 0.2f, "HammerChipperMove");
        AddTimer("", 0.3f, "HammerChipperMove2");
        AddTimer("", 2.4f, "HammerChipperEnd"); //Change 2.4f to how long you want the smashing process to endure.
}

void HammerChipperEnd(string &in asTimer)

{
            SetEntityActive("hammer_1", false);
            SetEntityActive("chipper_1", false);
    }

^I removed the lock from it as I only have a Cellar door, not a gate with the lock prop.
(04-21-2013, 02:59 PM)serbusfish Wrote: [ -> ]For some reason it wont work, it just says I cant use the item here. Here is my inventory code just for reference:

Code:
//COMBINE HAMMER//
////////////////////

void hammer_chipper(string &in asItemA, string &in asItemB)
{
PlayGuiSound("15_make_hammer", 1.0f);
RemoveItem(asItemA); RemoveItem(asItemB);
GiveItem("stone_hammer_chipper", "Puzzle", "stone_hammer_chipper", "stone_hammer_chipper.tga", 0);
}

////////////////////////////
// Run at the start of the game.
void OnGameStart()
{

/////HAMMER & CHIPPER COMBO/////
AddCombineCallback("hammer_chipper", "hammer_1", "chipper_1", "hammer_chipper", false);

}

And how I used your code:

Code:
void OnStart()

{

AddUseItemCallback("", "hammer_chipper", "RustyLock", "DoorUnlockAnim", true);

}

void DoorUnlockAnim(string &in asItem, string &in asEntity)
{
        SetPropHealth("RustyLock", 5.0f); //Door is hit with damage too as you explained it. Change doorname to what ever your door's name is.
        SetSwingDoorLocked("RustyLock", false, false); //Change doorname to whatever your door's name is.
        PlaySoundAtEntity("", "break_wood_metal.snt", "Player", 0.0f, false); //Change LOCKBREAK.snt to the sound of a lock broken with the extension .snt.
        SetEntityActive("hammer_1", true); //Hammer.
        SetEntityActive("chipper_1", true); //Chipper.
        AddTimer("", 1.4f, "HammerChipperMove");
}

void HammerChipperMove(string &in asTimer)

{
        SetMoveObjectState("hammer_1", 0.40);
        SetMoveObjectState("chipper_1", 0.40);
        AddTimer("", 1.1f, "HammerChipperMove2");
  }

void HammerChipperMove2(string &in asTimer)
  {
            SetMoveObjectState("hammer_1", 0.1f);
            SetMoveObjectState("chipper_1", 0.1f);
            AddTimer("", 0.5f, "TimerLoop");
  }

void TimerLoop(string &in asTimer)
{
        AddTimer("", 0.2f, "HammerChipperMove");
        AddTimer("", 0.3f, "HammerChipperMove2");
        AddTimer("", 2.4f, "HammerChipperEnd"); //Change 2.4f to how long you want the smashing process to endure.
}

void HammerChipperEnd(string &in asTimer)

{
            SetEntityActive("hammer_1", false);
            SetEntityActive("chipper_1", false);
    }

^I removed the lock from it as I only have a Cellar door, not a gate with the lock prop.
It seems like you're using it on the wrong entity. You must used it with an entity under the name "RustyLock".
(04-21-2013, 03:01 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like you're using it on the wrong entity. You must used it with an entity under the name "RustyLock".

I named the door "RustyLock", I thought that would work ok?
The script that I gave you said that "hammer_chipper" was the item. Yet in the Inventory.hps, it clearly states that it's "stone_hammer_chipper". You have the incorrect name for the item.
(04-21-2013, 03:20 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]The script that I gave you said that "hammer_chipper" was the item. Yet in the Inventory.hps, it clearly states that it's "stone_hammer_chipper". You have the incorrect name for the item.

Ah I see, schoolboy error on my part. Im very new to scripting, I used a tutorial to make that script and presumed 'hammer_chipper' was the final product.

Anyway now it works, and im sorry to be a pain but it doesnt play an animation, it simply breaks a hole in the door and unlocks it. Then once I had walked through the door my game started lagging immensely which led to me ctrl alt del to exit it. I noticed the hammer and chipper was still in my inventory too.

Im probably wrong but looking at the script again I would have thought all the stuff under 'DoorUnlockAnim' should go AFTER everything else? Because from what I can tell atm the game is breaking the door first with all the animation stuff afterwards.

But im only a n00b at scripting so am probably wrong?
(04-21-2013, 03:40 PM)serbusfish Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2013, 03:20 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]The script that I gave you said that "hammer_chipper" was the item. Yet in the Inventory.hps, it clearly states that it's "stone_hammer_chipper". You have the incorrect name for the item.

Ah I see, schoolboy error on my part. Im very new to scripting, I used a tutorial to make that script and presumed 'hammer_chipper' was the final product.

Anyway now it works, and im sorry to be a pain but it doesnt play an animation, it simply breaks a hole in the door and unlocks it. Then once I had walked through the door my game started lagging immensely which led to me ctrl alt del to exit it. I noticed the hammer and chipper was still in my inventory too.

Im probably wrong but looking at the script again I would have thought all the stuff under 'DoorUnlockAnim' should go AFTER everything else? Because from what I can tell atm the game is breaking the door first with all the animation stuff afterwards.

But im only a n00b at scripting so am probably wrong?
Oh yeah, I forgot that you need an inactive Hammer and Chipper at the door. It should be in Entities/Item and have the name "stone_hammer_move" and "stone_chipper_move" without the quotation marks.
Pages: 1 2