Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't download HPL2 Suite
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I recently bought a new computer with windows 8 on it. Since I want to keep working on my Amnesia projects, so I downloaded the HPL2 suite. When I try to extract it with winrar, it says like this on most of the files in one big box: (translated from Swedish)

! C:\Users\Wapez\Downloads\hpl_editor_suite.zip: CRC failed in editor\textures\editor_cubemap_default.dds. File is damaged.

I'd like some help to solve this as I have already re-downloaded it twice and tried extracting it to different locations, including desktop, Amnesia:TDD root folder, and a newly created folder. I also tried extracting them one after one, and that didn't work either. Suggestions?

Thanks.
Sounds like you have a specific file that is corrupted. try using this one and extracting all BUT this file from the .zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/en7xfk52usntrt...efault.dds
(04-24-2013, 07:50 PM)WIWWM Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds like you have a specific file that is corrupted. try using this one and extracting all BUT this file from the .zip

https://www.dropbox.com/s/en7xfk52usntrt...efault.dds

That was just an example, the majority of the files say the same thing. Thanks though.
try a different browser
(04-24-2013, 09:51 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]try a different browser

Well, that didn't work either. And I'm getting file errors on every download I try to execute. There's just no way for me to download a game or engine, there's always some files that doesn't work. I tried downloading League of Legends to see if it worked, but nope. I tried patching Heroes of Newerth, nope. That patch is just totally blocked. I also tried to disable my Norton, by unchecking every possible option I could find. It didn't work. I'm pretty much out of ideas, and I really need help. Please, anyone?
(04-25-2013, 04:11 PM)Wapez Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-24-2013, 09:51 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]try a different browser

Well, that didn't work either. And I'm getting file errors on every download I try to execute. There's just no way for me to download a game or engine, there's always some files that doesn't work. I tried downloading League of Legends to see if it worked, but nope. I tried patching Heroes of Newerth, nope. That patch is just totally blocked. I also tried to disable my Norton, by unchecking every possible option I could find. It didn't work. I'm pretty much out of ideas, and I really need help. Please, anyone?

If you get errors with any download, then download it from somewhere else. I don't know any other way, sorry.
There is something wrong with your computer, maybe your antivirus, a virus etc... Until you solve that somehow, you won't be able to download anything properly.
Try it on a different computer/laptop.